~ (56) Leo ~

Arisa's armor clanked against the ground as she walked through the tunnel. It had been five minutes since she tried to find a way out of the area that was illuminated with burning torches placed on the dark walls.

As she walked, she tightened her grip on her weapon. She raised her guard in case of a surprise threat.

As Arisa wondered how long she would have to walk through that endless tunnel, a relief calmed her heart when she spotted a white light on the horizon. She increased her pace and several seconds later, she joined the outdoors' light.

She blinked to adjust her vision. From the sound of chirping birds and strong light, she realized that it was already morning.

Time sure flies.

She remembered that it was dark when Enchantress summoned her.

Arisa explored the area. She realized that she was in a small plaza surrounded by four simple buildings and a statue in the middle of it. The buildings had small brownish stones covering their surface, awarding them an ancient look.

On each building's entrance, Arisa spotted writings in a foreign language.

Esuoh fo Erif, read one writing. Esuoh fo Htrae, read another.

As she walked, passing a few trees that were randomly placed around the area, her gaze froze on the black statue that displayed a woman with long hair and curious-looking eyes.

Enchantress. Arisa examined the statue.

"In the end, no matter what we did, you awakened," complained a familiar voice behind her.

Arisa's heart froze. For a moment her gaze remained stuck on the statue.

"I really should have killed everyone like I was told," continued the voice, "yet I was hesitant and let the others do the dirty work."

With his words piercing her heart, Arisa turned around. Her heart tightened even more as her gaze caught a red armored figure standing in an area not far from her.

Out of all the lies, Enchantress had shown her, she didn't want this one to be real. She wanted Leo and her best friend to be different people. Arisa tried to calm down, telling herself that she would only believe Enchantress after Zen told her the truth.

"Leo?" she asked, her voice cracking.

"We finally meet, Aries," Leo replied.

The calm and playful tone she heard when they met in the Enchanted Forest was substituted with a firm and serious one. Another knot tied in Arisa's chest, knowing that his sudden change in mood meant trouble.

"The hand you're using to hold your weapon, I really hope you're not the person who I'm thinking of," said Leo, worry overtaking his firm tone.

Arisa's eyes widened. Everyone who was close to her knew that she was left-handed. During the events that happened in these lands, she was sure the enemy had a bit of information about her.

"Who is this person you hope I'm not?"

"It doesn't matter," he replied, looking away. "It's better to find out your identity after killing you."

Arisa felt as if a sword had pierced her heart. Her knees weakened.

He is not Zen, she told herself. Zen would never say that to me.

"Regulus," Leo called.

Arisa gazed at her front. She saw blue flames covering Leo's right hand, forming a long shaped object. One blink and the flames disappeared, revealing a greatsword with blue details on its blade. A sudden heaviness hit Arisa's heart.