~ (48) Lullaby of the Siren ~

Nala's cry for Garoh broke the silence.

Arisa attempted to move, but her body wouldn't respond to her commands as her gaze was stuck on that horrible scene.

With each passing second, Garoh lost his beast form, slowly returning to his human-like figure. The crimson stain on his shirt deepened as he shrank in size and life force.

"So you were a kid too," said Taurus. "Impressive."

The Guardian grabbed his opponent by his collar and removed the shard from Garoh's chest.

Garoh coughed blood.

"Rest in Peace." Taurus threw his opponent's body a few meters away from him.

Frozen with that scene, Arisa lost her concentration. She was so shocked that she didn't notice her aura returning to her and the little heat that she had accumulated quickly vanishing.

Arisa was stunned, her arms shaking. Nala's desperate cry could be heard coming from behind one of the many boulders she was hidden. Arisa guessed that Thelma didn't allow Nala to go after her lover.

"I see that there are others hiding around," said Taurus, examining the environment. "Judging by her cry, it seems you were very important to her. But don't worry, I'll send her to where you are soon."

"You-you monster!" Arisa found her voice. "Ho-how could you?"

Arisa's arms couldn't stop trembling; she still couldn't believe that she had lost such a brave comrade.

"Believe me. It was hard for me to take his life," replied Taurus. "I enjoyed dueling with him; unfortunately I had to bring him down. Who knows, maybe he was Aries' chosen one."

Arisa's heart sped at the mention of that name. She wondered if she had known earlier that she was Aries' real chosen candidate and revealed to them, would they have stopped hunting down innocent people?

Arisa could hear Nala protesting against Thelma in the background. She glanced around. Through the many boulders scattered around the green land, she wondered where the girls were hiding.

Nala's desperate voice kept filling the air, telling Thelma that she had to heal Garoh. Arisa glanced at the body not so far away from her. With her heart sinking, she asked herself if Nala could still save him.

"Ugh," Taurus complained. "That cry is so annoying. Maybe I should send her to the afterlife first."

Before Taurus could move an inch to use his powers, Arisa rushed to him and pointed her weapon at him. The Guardian gazed at her, intrigued.

"You'll have to pass through me first," Arisa threatened.

"Oh," he said, lowering his arm. "Now I see why Leo likes you. I thought he distanced himself from his people by liking a weak-looking woman. But seeing your tough attitude, I can see he still has something in common with them."

Arisa felt something approaching her cheek. A clanking sound cracked the atmosphere as she stopped the threat. She gazed at her right side and saw that her blade had stopped Taurus' armored hand.

"Fierce," said Taurus.

A few seconds later, the Guardian shot a punch, aiming her stomach. Arisa barely dodged his attack, stepping sideways. She counter-attacked, slashing him with her sword. He blocked her strike with his arm. Arisa didn't hesitate and continued to attack, not allowing him to counter.

The Guardian laughed as Arisa kept attacking. As they moved away from the area, Arisa concentrated her element on her right hand. As he defended another strike, she tried to punch one of the available targets Taurus displayed.