~ Awakenings: Capricorn ~

Sorrow devoured him, not offering him a chance to recover. Garoh was once told that crying could relieve an invisible wound since you release everything that is hurting you. Yet after he expressed his sorrow for hours, the pain wouldn't leave him alone.

The memories of his team's last battle haunted him. Back then, he was sure that she would listen to him and run away with the others. After all, she had promised him.

Her worried face flashed in his mind as he remembered the last moments with her. He still couldn't believe that he was so weak to be saved by her. He tried to digest that he let her die, after everything he did to protect her.

As he had no more tears to express his pain, the memories of Nala kept flashing in his mind. Her sweet smile made his heart skip again. The cheerful moments they spent together would have spread a smile across his face, but the pain that was consuming him didn't allow him to show a positive impression.

Garoh battled against his sorrow, not realizing that he was taken away from the forest. For a minute he kept his face hidden on his knees, losing the fight against his pain.

"Raise your chin," said a female voice. "You have been chosen to become a Guardian."

Garoh remained curled up, his face hidden on his knees. Even though silence surrounded them, he could feel his loneliness destroying him. He still was trying to accept that he let the girl he loved die.

You will lose someone important. He remembered the Dream Weaver's words.

Garoh knew who he would lose and he did everything to avoid that fate. Yet he failed.

It was then he realized that it was better not to wake up from the Perfect World. At least he would have died living a happy life with her, even though everything in that world was fake.

"You should stop feeling sorry for yourself and move on, Capricorn."

Upon hearing those words, Garoh raised his blue head, awarding the creature in front of him the coldest glare a Lunarian could express.

As the creature smiled, Garoh recognized the being. Long white hair, curious-looking eyes, and blue skin that displayed curly black lines around its face. Only one being could be cold enough to say those bitter words.

"Enchantress," he whispered.

"That's me," replied Enchantress.

Garoh didn't drop his glare on her.

Although he had never met this creature before, Garoh remembered the many conversations he had with his mother. His mother's ancestor would tell her children tales of her adventures. In one of those tales, she would mention and describe Enchantress, the protector of the Forbidden Lands.

"How can such a creature be a protector, if it doesn't respect the loss of others?" asked Garoh, fighting to keep his calm.

"You already answered your question," replied Enchantress. "I'm a protector. I only protect these lands; I don't have time to feel sorry for others."

Garoh glared at the creature, trying not to lose control and summon his Lunarian Force. It amazed him that a creature created by the stars had a bitter personality like this.

"You are a protector," said Garoh, "yet you couldn't protect the candidates from the Guardians' massacre."

"As I told you before," replied Enchantress, "my duty is to protect these lands, nothing more."

Garoh clenched his fists. "Who cares about these lands?! Hundreds of lives have been lost by those monsters' hands. You could have at least forgotten your duty and protected the weak against them."