Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

"How was it, Jordan?" Sierra asks, sitting on my bed, crayons and coloring book in hands.

"It was great. Really great. We had a fun time," I tell her, choosing a page in my own coloring book with Cinderella.

"And that was it? That's the most description I'm getting?" I feel something knock into my head and find a maroon color crayon has been thrown.

"Hey, what was that for?" I ask, rubbing my head, though it doesn't actually hurt.

"Details!" Sierra screeches.

"Fine, fine." I continued to explain in somewhat very detailed manner, pausing for dramatic gasps from Sierra here or there.

"Oooh! You guys would be the cutest couple! Come on, really!" Sierra exclaims.

"Ssshhhh! My dads downstairs. He'll murder Ray if he finds out I went on a date," I hiss, chucking a pillow at her face.

"Didn't your mom tell him? Either way, he's gotta figure out sometime. Come on, Jordan! Lighten up! You just went on a date!" Sierras voice rises a severe amount on the last sentence.

I hear footsteps. Oh, gosh. The footsteps. I can recognize whose they are anywhere.

My door flies open and my dad walks into the room. He looks at me questioningly.

"What is this I hear about a date?" He asks.

"Uuuuhhhhh......."

"Jordan and this really nice kid named Ray went on a date last night," Sierra butts in.

My dad stares at us for a minute before his stern face drops. "Oh, Ray! That's the kid who came over here a few days ago. He did ask about taking you on a date! Nice kid you've got there."

"Really? Wait, he asked you permission?" I ask, trying to contain my surprise.

"Yes, as he should."

"Didn't... I thought you said that when I went on a date you'd have to tackle the kid."

"Do I have to?" He asks, eyebrows raised.

"No, he's great, thanks."

"Alright, I'm headed to work. Bye, sweetie." And he leaves the room, smiling to himself.

"Told you it would turn out okay," Sierra chimes.

"Oh, sure you knew that was going to happen."

"I did. I'm telepathic," Sierra says.

"Whatever you say, Sierra," I answer slowly.

Then I proceed to color Cinderella's glass slippers blue.

***********************************

6:00 a.m. Is what my alarm clock reads when I am rudely awaken by it this morning.

Monday. School. Hooray.

I throw on a gray sweatshirt and jeans then tie my black converse. I decide to just pull my hair up into a messy bun because I really don't want to deal with the nest right now. I don't even try with any makeup.

I groggily walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where I find my mom sitting at the table eating eggs. She looks up when she hears me come in.

"Well someone sure seems joyful today," Mom says, before shoving another bite into her mouth.

I don't even answer. I go for the food. I scoop myself some eggs and take my toast out of the toaster. Then I sit at the table and eat it. Because I would do anything else with my food. Yeah, right.