CHAPTER 25 in Ray's POV

"You're acting like a lunatic."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I turn my head away quickly.

"Ray, I've known you since the fifth grade. I'm pretty positive I know when something's going on with you," Cole says, shaking his head in disproval.

"Yeah, come on. We all know about your adorable secret love for Jordan," Shannon says, leaning back in her chair and laughing.

"No, I-" My denial apparently gets me nowhere.

"Come on, there's no need to hide it anymore," Luke says, patting me on the shoulder. "Just man up and tell her."

"Tell her what?" Cole asks. "Sorry, I'm slow."

"Nothi-"

"His undefined love for Jordan, middle name I do not know, Green," Luke finishes firmly.

I elbow him in the side.

"Okay, there really isn't any reason to deny it anymore. You love her, yatta yatta. Now you just have to tell her so she knows," Shannon tells me, picking at her fingernails.

"I'm pretty sure the kiss kind of gave me away..." I say before I can stop myself. Then my eyes widen and I open my mouth to try and backtrack. Yet, I am interrupted by gasps and a yelp from Shannon.

"You kissed her?" Shannon asks, covering her mouth in disbelief.

"No...?" I turn away from them all, turning bright red. I've dug myself a hole now.

"No denying, your eyes tell it all," Cole says.

"When did you become a hopeless romantic, Ray?" Luke asks. "Last time I checked, you were the kid who was determined to live alone in an abandoned Walmart."

"Hey, that would be awesome," Ray laughs. "You have to agree."

"Okay, yeah, I guess," Luke nods his head thoughtfully.

"Don't try to change the subject!" Shannon scolds, pointing her finger at me.

"I wasn't-"

"Yeah, Ray, don't change the subject," Cole says. "When are you going to tell her, vocally? I mean out loud, not sent telepathically through locked lips."

And, no words can form an answer to that. I hadn't exactly thought about it, but now that it's brought up I realize that I really do need to tell Jordan. She is probably so confused about what all of this means. I feel like an idiot now, figuring out that I should have told her then, the night of the dance. It would have been perfect timing and a good moment, but no. I acted idiotically and kissed her, said goodbye, and just left. Gosh, when did I turn stupid?

The truth is, Luke is right. I didn't ever expect to find any girl that was for me. I never planned on setting my sights on a girl. When I got to know Jordan and spent time with her, I really just fell deeper and deeper in love with her. Yet, I didn't have the courage to tell her. And apparently, I still don't.

"Hello?" A hand waves in front of my face. "Earth to Ray."

My gaze flickers to Cole who is staring at me, his hand raised in front of my face.

"You zoned out for a minute," Luke states the obvious.

"You were thinking about you-know-who, weren't you?" Shannon asks, winking at me.

"Voldemort?"

"Shut up, you know what I mean," she rolls her eyes.

"Man up, dude," Cole says. "If you actually do like her, just freaking tell her! Things would go so much faster."