Chapter Thirty-Four

"Jordan, door's for you," my mom calls up to me.

I throw my pillow over my face and groan. Then I pretend I didn't hear her, since I don't want to get out of bed. My eyes are tightly closed and I pull the covers over my head.

"Jordan, get your fat, lazy buttocks out of bed!" That's Jack.

I groan again and turn onto the other side. Have these people never heard of sleeping in?

"Come on, Jordan!" Jack's voice yells once again.

"Shut your face hole, Jack!" I shout.

"Isn't somebody grumpy?" Jack's laughter booms through the house.

I can hear footsteps coming up the stairs, so I burry myself deeper into my covers and hold onto them tight. This bed is too darn comfy. There's no way I'm getting out of here.

And the blankets are ripped off of me. I shield my poor eyes from the blinding light. They slowly adjust, and I see Jack standing before me. I think I invented a new language. It's where you groan and the louder the groan, the more irritated you are. I just groaned pretty loud.

"Really?" Jack laughs.

"What?" I rub my eyes irritably.

"Watermelon onesie?" He laughs again.

I look down, and sure enough, I'm wearing my onesie pajamas that are decorated in smiling watermelons. "What does it matter to you?"

Jack shakes his head. "I just never pictured you as the... Smiley watermelon... Type."

I sigh and try to sit up. "Why are you here?"

"I didn't think you were this lame," Jack shakes his head, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Lame? You're kidding right?" I roll my eyes tiredly.

"You, Jordan Green, are not spending your Valentine's Day alone," Jack yanks me up out of the bed with one hand.

"Who said I was going to?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Ray can wait for one day. I want you to come have a fun, worry free day," Jack smiles.

"But-"

"No, really," Jack says. "It'll be good for you. And fun."

"How do you know I wasn't going to hang out with..." Lizzie? Not an option anymore. Don't linger on the thought. Sierra? Hasn't talked to me in a month. My parents? Yeah, no. I'm a loner. "Fine."

"Excellent," Jack nods. "I told your mom already, she's down for it. We leave in ten minutes. I'll be downstairs!"

So, I shove Jack out of my room and slam the door closed in his face. I throw on dark denim jeans and a black and white polka dot shirt. I brush out my hair and leave it in its natural waves. Then, I throw on my converse and scurry out the door.

"Ready?" Jack calls.

"Yes," I tell him, running down the stairs, tripping and face planting at the bottom.

"Wow, graceful," Jack laughs.

"Ouch," I groan, peeling my face off the floor and taking his hand to stand up.

"Thank you, Jack," my mom walks into the front room. "For taking her. You know how worried I've been."

"Right here, mom," I remind her, rolling my eyes.

Jack chuckles. "It's a pleasure." He turns to me. "Ready?"

"Sure," I nod.

Jack opens the door and nods to my mother before gesturing for me to step outside before him. We make our way to his truck and hop inside.