40

I took a deep breath and knocked on Jacobs front door. It was my first day 'taking care of him' and I was low-key scared of his mother. I mean I did run over her son. It was a Monday morning and so I was tired but I had to be here.

"Hi" his little sister said opening the door to me.

"Hey Faith" I smiled entering.

"My brother's in the kitchen eating breakfast." She said as I followed her. Since we lived in the same neighbourhood, our houses were slightly similar.

Jacob had his Afro out and he wore his reading glasses. He was scrolling through his phone until he saw us walk in. I smiled nervously and put my jacket on a stool.

"We put our coats in the hallway" Jacob said nonchalantly.

"Oh okay" I walked back into the hallway and hung it along with the rest of the coats. "Is your mum home ?" I asked nervously.

"No she's at work. That's why your here" he said in a rude tone.

"Okay" I said. He stood up grabbing his crutches and hopped out the kitchen.

"Tidy up my breakfast, then wash the dishes" he yelled from wherever he went.

"Okay" I said as politely as I could, then I started cleaning up. Turns out they hadn't washed the dishes from the previous night, so I had to wash those too. Once I had finished, I steeped up the floor then took the trash out.

I saw Jacob resting his leg on a pillow in the living room watching wild n out. Once I walked in I sat down on the opposite couch.

"I like this show too" I smiled. He shit the television off and hopped upstairs. I noticed his blue cast had no names on it. But he made it all the way up the stairs before I could say anything.

"Hey" Faith said popping up out of nowhere.

"Hey" I smiled. She didn't smile back.

"Jacob said that you have to pack my lunch for me, and the bus is coming soon" she crossed her arms.

"Okay" I smiled walking to the kitchen. "What do you want?"

She smiled and started making her demands.

...

"Byee" I waved to her as she hopped on the bus and I saw my brother get on along with her. Both of them waved back to me before I went back into their house.

"Did you make her lunch?" Jacob asked from the top of the stairs. I nodded my head.

"Good. Can you make me a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich around 12" he said then walked away.

"Hey what am I supposed to do now?" I yelled up to him.

"Can you help me out then?" He asked. I walked up the stairs and entered the bedroom that said "Jacobs room". It was messy as hell. And it STANK.

"It's been hard to clean up since yanoe" he cleared his throat and pointed to his foot " you hit me with a car. So could you do it? Thanks"

He left me in the room. I sighed and coughed.

"What is that smell?"
I whispered to myself as I opened his windows. I started cleaning his floor and found takeaway underneath a shirt. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to find a black plastic bag as I anticipated that I would find more rubbish.

•••

I was still cleaning when He shouted my name.

"Y/N!"