41

October 10th (they had just started their school year a couple of weeks ago)

Tuesday

My mom woke me up since they had confiscated my phone for getting in trouble.

"Morning" I yawned.

"Hey. How was it yesterday" she asked leaning on the door frame.

"It was fine" I lied.

•••

I had taken a long shower and put on my puma joggers because I wanted to be comfortable and it was getting cold outside. I tied my hair up and had breakfast before heading to their house.

When I knocked on the door, it was Jacob who answered.

"Hey" he smiled nervously.

I walked in and went to the kitchen ignoring him totally. I decided to only respond when he had another stupid demand. Faith was sitting down eating breakfast.

When she saw me her eyes teared up and she ran over to me, her small arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry I got you into trouble" she cried. I picked her up to give her a hug too. I tried not to cry alongside of her by blocking out the thoughts from yesterday.

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have given you sweets anyways." I laughed trying to cheer her up. She laid her head in the crook of my neck and quietened down.

"Do you have like a chart of what she can eat and how much sugar is in it or something?" I asked Jacob who stood by the door.

"My mum made you a list of what you could make and I'm-"

I ignored the rest of his sentence when I spotted it on the fridge door.

After I packed her lunch I walked to the bus stop with her, we were singing songs together and before the bus came to a stop my mum ran out our house with my brother. She was dragging my brother behind her and shouting.

We laughed a little and made the bus driver wait a little so that they could make it.

After they got on me and my mum waved goodbye to them then I separated with her and went back to Jacobs house.

•••

I closed the door and Jacob hopped on his one good leg towards me.

"Why'd you ignore me earlier?" He asked.

I walked passed him and into the kitchen to tidy up like I did yesterday.

"Hey I'm talking to you" he said angrily.

"What do you want Jacob?"

"I'm sorry"

"Okay" I shrugged washing the dishes.

"Hey look at me" he moaned. I heard his crutches tapping on the floor.

"I said I'm sorry" he repeated.

I held my breath when I felt his chest lean against my back and his arms wrapping around my waist. He dropped the crutches that made a soft clatter against the floor.

My hands pressed against the edge of the counter.

"I'm sorry Y/N"
I could feel his head laying against the top of my back and his Afro tickled my neck.

I giggled a little bit.

"I know how mean I was to you. I was just angry, you broke me leg" he chuckled.

"But you didn't have to act as if I was a slave" I spoke in a quiet whisper.

"I'm sorry girl" he said quietly.

I turned around and hugged him on my tippy toes.

"Woah" he said wobbling on his one good leg.

"Ooh sorry" I said holding him upright.

"It's fine" he said hopping over to a chair.

I smiled and finished washing the dishes. He sat behind me in silence.

When I finished I sat next to him.

"You know. I'm going back to school tomorrow"

"What?" I replied in surprise. What am I supposed to do for the rest of the week?

"You won't have to take care of me" he reassured me.

"But-"

"Just be glad you don't have to take care of my bossy ass" he chuckled.

"I'm just glad I don't have to be with you at all" I said sassily.

"Hey. I'm not that bad." He laughed. I smiled.

"You weren't when I first met you"

"I apologise for dragging you through shit. I guess I deserve getting hit with ya car"

I smirked slyly. "Yeah you did"

"Your not supposed to agree" he laughed.

"I'm joking" I said playing with my fingers.

"And I want to say sorry for my mum's behaviour towards you. That ain't right. You shouldn't have had to hear that."

"I'm fine now" I said turning to the side. He turned caressed my cheek so that I faced him.

"I wish we could start again" he said.

"What about now?" I suggested. "Hi. My name's Y/N"

"And I'm Jacob" he said shaking my hand. I stared into his deep hazel eyes and smiled widely. He grinned in return as his curls bounced off his forehead.

//Sorry for not updating recently. I'm writing another book that you should totally check out "what's luv?"

How are you feeling towards Jacob?

Do you think they should become friends or not?

Keep commenting and voting.

Byeee 🍃