Chapter 18

Celaena's POV

The shadow in front of me let out a deep chuckle. "Abrobyns little pet. Tell me how is dear old Abrobyn?"

I snarled "Don't you dare call me that. And I don't care how he is I am do not work for him."

He laughed again and to other shadows came forward next to him. They looked ugly they were 7ft tall and made of pure metal that glinted in the faint light of the balcony. The one in the middle was the king Flareos. His eyes glowed red, which is what distinguished him from the rest of the giants. The other had black eyes that showed menace that made you feel helpless.

There were a pair of footsteps behind us and Odin came out with Frigga on his arm.

"What are you doing here king Flareos?" Odins deep voice was full of authority.

"Wouldn't you like to know oh mighty Odin." Flareos sneered.

"Sif, Hogun, go take some guards with you and search the kingdom for any other giants, remember be careful." I ordered.

They both nodded "Ok Celaena. Come on Hogun." Sif walked back in where the ball was still going everyone oblivious to what was happening.

"You will not find anyone it is only I and my two companions here." Flareos laughed.

"What are you doing here do not make king Odin repeat himself" I snarled.

"So you are defending the man killed your parents all those years ago?"

I froze and looked at him "H...h...how do you know about that?"

"I know because.... well shall I just show you" he flicked his hand.

Suddenly, images flashed before my eyes and there was searing pain in my head. I screamed and fell to the ground clutching my head. I was reliving the night of my parents deaths but now instead of seeing the kings men I saw king Flareos pulling out my fathers heart and ripping out my mothers guts and flinging her on the bed covering me with her blood. It was him that punched and kicked and threw me into the river. It was him that killed them. It was him that almost killed me.

----------------------------------

Thor's POV

Flareos flicked his hand and suddenly Celaena screamed and fell to her knees clutching her head crying out there were tears flowing from her eyes as she knelt there sobbing. All of a sudden as quickly as it came Celaena stopped and looked up staring at Flareos.

He smiled devilishly "What's wrong is the truth painful? Just watch it be more painful in the war when I take you by the throat and do what I did to your parents in front of your love" he said nodding to me. "You know you look like your mother you have her face and that angry look she gave me that night before she died."

She growled and jumped up a sword in her hand "Do not speak of my mother"

"No. Thor stop her if she attacks the war will begin sooner." Odin called.

I quickly acted and threw myself onto her taking her down to the floor. She snarled and tried to kick me off. "Celaena calm down remember our men have not been trained if you attack now you will put lots of life in danger."

I felt her calm down under me and breathing became even. "I suggest you leave now Flareos our war with you is not yet." Odin's calm voice boomed across the balcony. Me and Celaena both got up I looked at my mother and her face showed concern towards Celaena.

Flareos laughed and gave one look to Celaena and jumped off the balcony followed by his two guards. As soon as he left Celaena ran back into the party and disappeared covered by people who were dancing.

"Thor" my mother soothing voice called out " Go after her"

I nodded and ran through the party the events of the evening reeling through my head. From my kiss with Celaena to the infiltration of the kingdom.