Chapter 26

Celaena's POV

I stared at Flareos in shocked silence. He wants me to be part of his army. Does this mean he is not confident in his victory? It was Thor who broke the unnerving silence "What?! Are you foolish enough to believe that she will join you and your ludicrous scheme?"

Flareos snarled and raised his hand as if to hit Thor. I side stepped quickly into the way and glared at him, it was minuscule but he seemed to flinch under my gaze. I smiled devilishly "You dare to hit him in front of me? Are you that that stupid? I swear if you lay finger on him I will end your life."

"Then why have you not done it?" Flareos smirked "You talk so highly of yourself saying you could easily kill me yet you have not. Tell me dear Celaena what are you waiting for?"

There was a strained silence.

"Are you perhaps waiting for the order to kill from the king? Are you completely under his rule now that you know the truth?"

I growled silently but held back knowing what he said was the truth. After learning that it was not Odin that had killed my parents I had learned to respect the man. I may not favour him like I do Fury, he is still someone who I respect to a slight degree.

Instead of answering I said "Let Thor go."

He tossed his metalic head back causing light to reflect off it.

"Not quite yet my dear first I need an answer"

"No"

"I suggest you rethink that"

I tilted my head as if in thought "No"

His nostrils flared making his breathing sound like the engines of a plane "Then you nor Thor will leave this place alive."

I looked over at Thor and all I could see was trust in me. That's what I didn't understand how can he trust me after all that I had done to him. I pushed him away without even thinking about asking him for his side of the story. Because of my recklessness we are in this place now maybe of I did not do what I did he would be safe. But now I need to get us out and I knew that to get out of here I would have to hurt Flareos which would cause the war to happen sooner than planned.

Shrugging I immediately had a large axe in my hand I slammed it down on both of Thor's chains he stood up swiftly and held out his arm there was a rumble and Mjolnir came bursting through the wall of the barn. With a snarl the other metal giants came charging towards us and simply smiled. With a long sword I dodged out of the way of a giant and spun back around driving the blade into his neck it collapsed to the ground and I simply turned around to be faced by another set of angry looking eyes.

Thor was next to me with hid hammer making sure to direct his power to the chink in their armour. He was good he has learned well and I know we will beat them all. Suddenly, something struck me in the stomach and I went flying I quickly twisted my body so I landed on my feet stumbling slightly. I groaned and spat to the side my mouth tasted like the metallic tang of blood. I turned and saw Flareos smiling smugly.

I glared at him and saw that it was only me and him and Thor. The rest of the men were dead laying at our feet. I stalked towards him slowly watching him cautiously.

"This is why I need you on my side" he snarled.

I grinned and charged I swung my sword out. Flareos simply held his arm out blocking my swing metal clashing against metal. Nt wanting to stay any longer I jumped and cut the back of his neck not enough to kill him. He collapsed to the floor. I grabbed Thor and ran out of the barn. I quickly led him to where Sunhild was. I mounted Sunhild and he followed behind me wrapping his arms around her grabbed the reins and urged Sunhild into a gallop. We soon arrived at the palace to see King Odin waiting expectantly.