Chapter Forty Nine

Joel POV
Well last night took an unexpected turn, I don't regret sleeping with Marie, but I now know I have feelings for her. My whole revenge plan on Will has just back fired in my face. I kiss Marie's head again, I have a month to make her happy, I know I can't keep her longer we can't do a long distance relationship, I can't be that selfish. I crawl out of the bed while she sleeps and go downstairs. I decide to start on breakfast.
'Well someone got lucky last night' Hayden says with a grin.
'He got a better offer than us, to be honest I would have taken it too' laughs Zak.
'Help me make breakfast guys' I ask them, they both agree to help me make pancakes for everyone. Half way through Dillon staggers in and sits at the table, he looks hungover.
'I don't feel good my head is banging, where's Marie and her friend?' I am surprised he remembers anything from last night.
'Asleep upstairs' I respond
'Which room is Marie in?'
'Guest room Dillon' Dillon starts smiling to himself and gets up to walk out of the room.
'Might have to go join her' I throw the nearest thing I can grab at him, lucky for him it's a plastic cup.
'Ouch, what was that for' he rubs his arms where it hit him, like it actually hurt him.
'Hands off her' I shout at him.
'Damm you've fallen for her' Zak laughs,
'Guys, guys please she's Wills ex' I smile to myself as much as I have fallen for her admitting it to these guys was too much. She's a fling in their eyes and that's it, I tell myself. All three of them stop what they are doing
'She's Will's ex as in Will who you hate? Will who goes to our gym?' Hayden asks, I just nod my head.
'Please tell me this isn't to get back at him Joel your better than this' Zak whispers, I roll my eyes.
'Maybe in the beginning it was to get back at him' they all looked shocked, and exchanges looks between each other.
'But I do actually like her' maybe I will have to admit my feelings for her to them.
'Joel this needs to stop between you and Will, you know it's unfair to Marie' Hayden tells me.
'Marie.... Marie...... wait that's rings a bell, she's the one I over heard Will talking about, isn't she? The love of his life, the girl he left only because he was joining military school' Dillon looks shocked,
'Joel this is low, even for you' Hayden says shaking his head, I guess I really am going to have to come clean about my feelings for Marie.
'Look guys I do like her, but it's just a mess' I try and explains but Zak interrupts me,
'A mess! You can say that again' He says while shaking his head.
'Will's going to kill you, he going to come after us all, that's his Marie upstairs. You've used the hated between you and Will to trick this girl into your bed, well technically Hayden's guest room bed, but you need to tell her the truth Joel, she deserves that. You know Will just up and left her. You're going to break her too, to gain what exactly?' I don't like how Dillon is talking to me I clench my hands up into fists, I end up losing it, thumping them on the kitchen counter. I am completely pissed that my friends are judging me.
'I didn't mean to fall in love with her! Do you all think that low of me? Yes I used her to get back at Will. Yes I was fully aware who she was when I meet her, but I ended up falling for her! Happy now I've admit it? And do you know that the worse thing is? I can't keep her. I have a month, and chances are that will be it'
'What you gonna do? You've never fallen in love before, and you're leaving for your Dads in a month.' asks Zak.
'Guys this is hundred percent on me, I don't want you involved. I will have to make up this mess to Marie one day. If and when Will comes back, I know at some point he come looking for me. Just tell him, I'll be back for her one day, one day when he least expects it. And as for leaving for my Dad's in a month, I am gonna give her the best month of her life.' There is silence between us for about five minutes before Zak speaks up.
'If this is what you want man I am behind you' he pulls me in for a hug.
'Same dude. I just wish it was a different situation' Hayden pulls me in for a hug too.
'Joel I don't agree how you've gone about this, I mean you used the information I gave you about Will to hunt Marie down, but I do get you have feelings for her. And I'll always have your back.' He pulls me in for a hug too.
'Thanks guys, I wish I meet her before Will did, but I promise you guys, I will be back for her. And Will will have a fight on his hands. I will make it up to her, no not to piss Will off but cause she deserves it, nothing or no one will stop me. But for now I will work on giving her the best month of her life'