[1] Holds And Robotics

Darkness

Darkness. I was surrounded by darkness and I was slowly suffocating by the air I was breathing. It was like my breaths kept catching in my throat and refusing to get out.

I'm pretty sure I was in a ship's hold. And because I was in a hold, the sound of waves hitting the outside of the ship was deathly frightening from down here. Not only that, but I can feel every single movement the ship makes whenever a wave hits it.

I wasn't tied though. I could totally move but I prefer to just sit down without moving or else I would only freak myself out.

I don't know how I even got here in the first place but what I know is that I'm probably miles away from my village.

I've never really entered a hold and stayed in there except for today. Or tonight. Don't blame me, I don't know what time of the day it is.

I usually stayed on the decks and I really liked it up there. Just the thought of the cold winter wind blowing at my face is refreshing. Better than being down here. I'm literally sweating.

I also feel like a part of my memory is missing. Not a huge one but I would say... the last three months or so of my life. I'm not eager to get them back anyway.

I looked up when I heard the trapdoor getting pulled open and immediately closed my eyes when they were met with a bright light.

Someone jumped in and my eyes flew open to see a tall guy. He had a really long beard and a mustache just as long. Doesn't surprise me. Almost every man in my village is like that.

"Get up little girl," he said, his voice strong but I actually couldn't take him seriously. He looks like a teddy! I obeyed anyway but held his gaze. His eyes were demanding but still, I couldn't take him seriously.

He was buff, muscles rippling with each move.

I couldn't really make out his features because he was standing directly under the light that was coming from the open trapdoor.

"Move." He gave me a gentle push and I rolled my eyes, climbing out of the hold. He came out after me and grasped my arm harshly as if I would escape.

I'll name him Beardy. He looks like someone you could actually trust and I already like him with his 'gentle yet tough guy' act.

He began leading me to the hull of the ship and I kept my head down. Beardy wasn't intimidating at all but his companions were.

We deboarded the ship and he pulled me after him, leading me to a large building. It was really bizarre seeing as though there was a lonely building on a small deserted island. But by the looks of it, I could tell that this building contained everything you can dream of.

"Have fun little girl," he whispered as he let go of my arm. I gave him a smile then turned around only to be met with a couple of men.

They weren't buff at all but they actually looked pretty intimidating. Why? Because they were holding a rifle each. Did Beardy just sell me?

They grabbed my arms, dragging me inside the building. "You know you could be more gentle," I said and the guy on the right shushed me. I rolled my eyes just as we entered an elevator.

I was standing in between the both of them, my eyes exploring every inch of the elevator. It was white. Plain white and I felt like I was in a science lab.

The men were pretty much camouflaged to the walls of the elevator because they were each wearing a white latex suit

The men were pretty much camouflaged to the walls of the elevator because they were each wearing a white latex suit. They looked weird.

The door opened and Holy baby carrots! Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was wearing the exact same latex suit.

The two put their rifles close to my body as if telling me to move and to not escape. But seriously, who the fuck would escape if they were on the fourth floor and they were surrounded by latex wearing human beings? Not me.

"You'll meet your mentor in a couple of minutes," one of them said and gestured for me to stop. I don't know if I was in the right mind to even think right now.

So many questions were swimming in my mind like floaties but I remained silent. I also forgot to mention that it was daytime but who cares? I'm trapped in this stupid blinding white building anyway.

"Hello there!" A man stood in front of me with a smile on his face, "I'll take her from here," he said to the guys and they nodded sternly before leaving.

They look like malfunctioning robots not gonna lie.

"I know you want to leave this hallway so how about I take you to the cafeteria?" He asked and I pursed my lips, nodding.

It's a silent walk to the cafeteria but he finally broke the silence, "I'm Hector your mentor." He smiled, "Holy, I've been waiting to do this for a long time," he laughed and I couldn't help but giggle.

"I know, I know, I'm a funny guy," he said, feigning arrogance and I grinned. "I also know you have a lot of questions and I'll answer them for you but after your lunch." He stopped walking, making me stop too.

"Lunch? What time is it?" I raised an eyebrow and he looked at his watch then back at me. "It's four in the late afternoon," he responded, pushing open a paper white bifold door.

Loud voices beamed in my ears when the door opened and I internally cringed. Everyone turned to look at me while I stared at him, my mouth agape as he gestured for me to step inside.

"Go on." He gave me a slight push but I didn't budge.
I wasn't the only one!