[39] The Story Of Our Madman

Felicity's POV:-

Felicity's POV:-

I banged one of my fists harshly against the door, yelling out for Hector to hear me. "Fuck you."

"Felicity, no, look." Amelia grabbed my hand and nodded her head to the multiple screens that hung across the wall. I turned around, noticing that they showed us what was happening in the arena. And it wasn't good. Not at all.

"How? Wait, how did this happen?" I asked, running towards the desks in front of the screens.

"He sent out a salvo," Brandon answered, shaking his head.

"Yes but why does it have to end like this?" I cried, looking at the eminents as they scrambled all around the blazing jungle.

"He wants it over in his own cruel way, that's why." He turned his back to the scenes.

I felt the tears sting my eyes but refused to let them fall, allowing anger to take over.

Hector is one mentally ill guy and I would say, he's crazy. A sociopath, even.

His past was harsh, yes but it doesn't give him any right to do what he's doing.

I remember I was only seven when he was exiled. Just like me.

See, Hector was a known inventor in Levilnor. He created weapons, things concerning technology and all that modern shit and he was always so excited to show the village what he made. However, he tried them out long before he announced them to the villagers. And this was the mistake he did with his last.

Hector told me he wanted to invent a fire shooter in case of a war happening. What you don't know is, Levilnor was never at war with Livelden. It wasn't until he fired at our neighboring village that this war thing became a routine.

He was trying out his newest creation when he accidentally shot at Livelden. Consequently, he caused a great damage to them and that's why they wanted vengeance. Yet... this is not the full story.

Hector had decided it was the best time to show Torryn, who was only thirty four years then, his invention almost right after Levilnor was charged for what they supposedly did.

I don't really remember the details he told me but I do know that somehow, the people found out about the shooting and how Hector was the one who caused it only when he introduced his new weapon to them. They put two and two together.

Of course, it didn't take long for him to go from a high rank to the lowest of the low.

He was isolated from the village at first, didn't leave his house and when he rarely did, people would shoot him disgusted looks and would sometimes push him around.

He was just a newbie to the bullying but soon got used to it. Almost immune.

But... people get hurt.

People get hurt and involuntarily change. And that's what exactly happened.

Hector fired at Levilnor itself in attempt to kill most of the eminents.

It wasn't just bullying. It was way more. Note that he became lower than the low ranks themselves.

So his wish to be gone from the village was finally fulfilled and he was exiled.

"I went to Livelden right after that and realized that the damage I caused was never really over. I took it as my chance to take over their village. I became their ruler."

He went from the bottom to the top in just a matter of weeks, tricking the ones at our neighboring village into thinking he was with them. Which he truly was.

"Those people wanted revenge just as much as me and so we did. We got our revenge."

Everyone. Every single person in this building is a villager from Livelden. And he was their Chief. Their ruler.

He took advantage of their hatred towards us. The hatred he fuelled. The one he made real in the first place.

"All those fights... all those battles, I led them. Every. Step. Of the way."

It was clear now why Levilden never stopped getting their so-called 'revenge.' It was clear why The Hunt was created. It was crystal clear.

The odds were more than just in his favor. His luck was everlasting. But not now. And I'll make sure of that.

Only one last thing came to mind this second and it made my throat tighten.

"I felt it all," his voice cracked, "every cut. Every bruise. Every hit." He shook his head, his reddish hair falling to his forehead.

It really was more than just bullying. Way more. He was a punching bag. A thirty year old, living, breathing punching bag.

"Felicity? Are you good?" Brandon brought me out of my trance and I sighed in response.

"Why did he lock us here?" I raked a hand through my hair in frustration.

"Perhaps he wants to show us what he's doing to the eminents?" Amelia suggested, unsure of what she was saying.

"I don't think so," Brandon intervened.

"Then what is it? He wants to kill us?" Amelia threw her arms open in irritation.

"Yeah."

I swallowed at the single word that left his lips.

"Girls, he just found out we're all against him. Of course he'll want us dead."

"Brandon, you're not helping," I said, taking a seat in a chair in the middle of the room.

"Yeah, pessimist." Amelia smacked the back of his head, making him groan and raise a hand to his hair.

"I'm just being realistic. I mean, what else do you expect him to do?" He scratched the part where he'd been hit and I threw my head back, blocking out his useless words that should probably go unheard.

"Holy shit the arena!" Amelia exclaimed, making me turn to the screens.

It was horrifying.

Every single tree rising in its own share of flames, heat visible in the star dotted sky while the air angered the already raging fire.

This was all caused by the fire shooters Hector created with Livelden's people. It was all caused by his immaturity.

And Levilnor.

A/N okay, the end is at its peak. The story really is ending and I can't wait😁 I'm so excited for you to find out what happens next.

Stay peaceful and don't forget to vote❤✌