[28] The Return Of The Best Friend

"I knew it!" I growled, grimacing as I clenched my fists

"I knew it!" I growled, grimacing as I clenched my fists. Turning around to leave, I was immediately pulled back by my waist before I could reach the doorknob.

My back pressed up against Brandon's chest and I froze. His breath tickled the back of my neck when he spoke, causing me to suck in a deep breath and hold it inside my throat.

"I want you to stay still," he said lowly, making me bite my tongue so I don't talk back. "Don't even turn and look at me," he added and waited a little before slowly letting go of my body and backing away.

I stood still, my back facing him and my jaw and fists never unclenching. I only obeyed because I feel like I don't know him anymore.

He was that perfect best friend who cared, who loved... but now he's just like a villain. I wish I could get my old friend back but it's too late. Too late to forgive him unless he gives me a good reason. Just one good reason. Because I need him.

I really do, even if I try to convince myself I don't.

"I need you to hear me out," he whispered. I closed my eyes at the tone of his voice. It sounded weak. Woeful even. "But please, don't interrupt me, Felicity."

"I won't," I gritted out and heard him exhale heavily.

"You do know that this is the first time we've talked in a long time, right?" he asked.

"Yeah and whose fault is that?" I spoke to myself, knowing damn well it was mine. I was the one who asked him to send me with the eminents so practically-no, entirely, it's my fault.

Apparently, he heard me because he then responded to my almost forgotten and blameful question, "Hector's."

My mind stopped thinking for a second and I couldn't help it anymore so I turned around to face him. Only now, I realized Hector wasn't in the room. It was just the two of us.

"What do you mean, Brandon? This is utter bullshit." I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"It's not, Felicity, I swear."

The sound of the door getting unlocked made Brandon quickly cup my cheeks and catch my lips in a soft kiss. My eyes fell shut and my heart began racing a mile a minute. This... was never expected.

"Friends to lovers, I see," Hector chuckled, walking in.

Brandon pulled away and smiled at Hector while I was too shocked to fathom the fact that my ex-best friend just kissed me.

"I can tell you guys made up," Hector grinned, "well, obviously." He rolled his eyes at himself, readjusting his position on his office chair.

Brandon smirked, staring ahead at where he was seated. His fingers intertwined with mine. "Sorry man, but you interrupted us and now we have to pick up where we left off," Brandon said, pulling me after him.

I was eager to leave because that was uncomfortable for me in both situations. Either, it's the one where Brandon kissed me or the one where Hector came in.

Right before the door automatically locked after us, I saw Hector wink at him.

The moment we stepped out into the hallway, I yanked my hand back. "What-" I tried to speak but Brandon's hand covered my mouth to practically shut me up.

"I'll explain, just come with me."

A/N Yes, it's a short chapter and that's because the next one will be longer than usual and full of 'tea' ;)
Hope you enjoyed and stay peaceful ❤✌
Also, I really want to know if you ship anybody in this weird book LOL so please tell me who you think would make a cute couple because we can't forget the romance Amiright?