[19] The Monster And His Distress

Aiden's POV:-

Aiden's POV:-

"Brian don't do it," Adriel sobbed, squirming in my arms as I held her back.

"He can't go through that pain guys, I'm sorry," Brian rapidly said, stabbing Kenric right in his chest.

Adriel's mouth dropped open, tears escaping her eyes. She fell silent.

Lauren swallowed and looked away while Jett covered Vela's eyes. Brian scrambled back, losing his balance in the process and Felicity...

She was just there.

"So that's what it is?" Lauren wiped her cheeks. We all turned to look at her, except for Vela who hid her face in Jett's shoulder.

"Are we killing each other now?" she yelled, pretty sure directing her words to me. "Who's next huh?"

"No one," I replied and she glared at me, making me look away.

"Are you sure about that?" She narrowed her eyes and I pressed my lips firmly together.

"Yes, I am sure."

"No really?" She stepped forward. "Do you not see what you're doing? You're slowly turning us against each other. You're a monster, Aiden," she shouted, hitting my chest harshly.

"You don't know anything, Lauren so drop it," I said.

"What?"

"Lauren he said drop it," Jett interfered and she glanced at him then back at me.

"Fuck off, Aiden." She went over to Jett and rested her back against the cave's wall, sliding down to the ground.

I didn't move. Even worse, I didn't care.

Whatever they can say, I know that pain and I've been through it only because there was immediate medical help but Kenric would've never made it because there was none.

I hate myself for the decision I made, but it had to be done.

That day, when I got struck by lightning, I was standing next to one of the tallest metal columns in the village and lightning strikes what's tall and what's not, it strikes anything, not just metal.

My accident wasn't as bad as Kenric's because I only felt what transmitted bolts felt like not what direct ones did.

When the column was struck, it transmitted those bolts to me because I was leaning against it. I had to stay home for weeks so imagine what Kenric must've felt when he was directly struck, head to toe. He shouldn't go through that. He couldn't have.

Everyone was already on the dry ground of the cave__which was in the back__except for Felicity who stood there, looking completely freaked out.

What was up with her?

"I can't see," she whispered but I heard it since I was the closest. I walked toward her and took her hand in mine and just as I did, she was about to fall but I caught her before she could even begin to.

Everyone instantly got to their feet and hurried over to my side as I softly laid Felicity down, tucking some strands of her wet hair behind her ear.

"What happened?" Jett pushed me out of the way a little, causing me to tip to the side and use my hand to support my body. He sat on his knees, caressing her cheeks, looking incredibly worried.

"She fainted," I answered, keeping my voice neutral so I don't seem angry but my face betrayed me, exposing the fury transparent on it.

"Why?" Vela inquired, feeling Felicity's heart.

"Because she didn't sleep, she didn't eat, she barely drank any water, she was walking alone behind the rest of us, she was treated badly by our Chief and she cried so much that her energy evaporated," Lauren responded, her voice quite blameful.

I let out a growl-like sound and stood up in frustration, walking to the opening of the cave. The thunder was only getting worse, the rain was still going and it was extremely cold. I can't believe the girls went through the nights without jackets.

I crossed my arms and just watched the rain hit the muddy ground and the trees.

My heart was hammering so harshly in my chest that it actually hurt. I didn't want this to happen. I didn't like knowing that I'm the reason behind someone's death. I didn't like any of this and I didn't want any of it.

If only Felicity hadn't broken the rules, none of this would've been even real.

There's a huge part of me that despises Felicity but at the same time... sympathizes with her. My dad hurt her. Horribly. But she... Damn it, she didn't do anything.

She didn't do anything for us to actually ruin her life forever. Dad just had to go there. He just had to punish them the way he did and in front of the whole village.

Now, look where they are.

Brandon is getting his revenge ever so easily with the help of Amelia while Felicity is thrown here with us for an unknown reason. Maybe they had a fight, maybe they wanted to get rid of her, maybe they didn't even like her, who knows? All I know is, she isn't supposed to be here.

A/N Okay this is going to be tricky to explain, but first of all, this isn't the normal word count I'd go for, second, the next chapters will be in Felicity's mind while she's still passed out. Basically, she'll be regaining her memories so I'll try and explain it better in the next chapter.
Don't vorget to vote and share😉
Stay peaceful✌❤