[8] Wanderer And Defiance

"Everyone hurry," Adriel screamed

"Everyone hurry," Adriel screamed. Her voice cracking. Probably because we're trying to outrun a FREAKING TIGER.

"There's water ahead," I yelled out, informing everyone and sped up as much as my legs and energy can. My breaths were short and the air felt extremely heavy. My chest started tightening and my legs gave out.

"Felicity, no," Nick shouted and was about to run back to me when the tiger stopped. I lifted my head off the ground and looked it in the eyes. It was so wrong of me to do that because usually big cats don't like dominance but fuck it I'm gonna die anyway.

With the corner of my eyes, I could see the others hiding behind different trees. As if the tiger wouldn't be able to smell them.

The tiger growled and my heartbeat started racing. He began taking small steps toward me and I scurried back on all fours, not breaking eye contact.

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die as a dominant bitch. Or a stubborn, stupid girl.

A flash of black knocked the tiger off of its feet. I took that as my chance to stand up on my shaky legs and back away as slow as ever. Only now I noticed that it was a black Jaguar.

Are they fighting each other to get to know who will eat me? Um, I'd rather jump off a building.

I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing. I was focusing on staying alive and away from them.

The tiger turned around and fled after letting out a roar of defeat while the Jaguar licked its wound. It was a bloody bite on its stomach!

It glanced at me and stopped aiding itself. Great, now a wounded Jaguar will eat me.

My eyes widened when it bowed its head and walked away

My eyes widened when it bowed its head and walked away. The others came out of their hiding places and surrounded me. They kept asking if I was okay, if I was hurt and I just kept on nodding and shaking my head.

Okay, one, it was a boy. Two, he closed his eyes and bowed his head when he saw me. Three, I can't believe a guy respected me!

Yeah that's how desperate I am. Jk, I could care less about boys.

Let me tell you something. I start acting weird when I'm scared so don't ask questions because I'll do stupid shit right now.

"Your hands." Brian covered my hands with his when he noticed how much they were trembling. "That just happened!" Adriel exclaimed, her eyes wide open.

"I'll name him Oryn," Vela said and we all stared at her with that 'are you for real' look. She's just a kid, it shouldn't matter but as someone who was about to get eaten... I don't know how to feel.

"I'll be right back," I muttered before turning to leave only to be stopped by Nick. "Where are you going?" He asked, concern laced in his voice.

"I'm going to pee, Nick. I don't want to piss myself," I cleared and they gave me weird looks. Guess eminents don't know what it's like to be straightforward.

"Look, a stream." Vela pointed at the small stream where 'Oryn' was standing. "We can't drink from that one, guys," Sarah said, dipping her forefinger and middle finger in the water. It was a Viking's way of testing the water and it's pretty clear that this stream isn't likely something you'd want to drink from.

"It's full of dirt," Kenric stated and I left to do what I wanted to do. I could only hope that no animal would be spying on me or waiting for the right moment to strike.

I finished my business and washed my hands in the disgusting stream. I mean, I'd rather wait for the dirt to dry so I could dust it off, than walk with unwashed hands.

"Ready to go?" Nick asked and I nodded, dusting off my hands on his jacket. "Hey." He chuckled, getting away from me and patting his jacket so the dirt would fly off.

"Oops my bad," I laughed and he did too, throwing his arm around my shoulders and pulling me in a side hug position as we walked, followed by the others.

"What if we stumble upon elephants?" Kenric asked. "We act like we can't see them," Vela answered and he raised a quizzical eyebrow. "If you stare at an elephant, it's going to attack you but if you walk peacefully next to it or away from it, it won't do anything." She smiled.

"Your sister is a freaking jungle-animal expert," Brian said and Sarah giggled. "She's kind of a hipster," she replied.

"No what's shocking me is the fact that she can form sentences." Kenric ruffled Vela's hair and her sweet laughter filled our ears as she stared at him lovingly. "When I was your age, I could barely pronounce the letter 'r'." He told her, lifting her up and wrapping his arms around her tiny little body.

When I was six years old, I was horrible... No for real, I was one dumb, fat little girl who sucked her thumb, thinking she was still a baby. God really blessed my parents.

Not with me, but blessed them with enough patience to tolerate me.

"Guys we made it!" Brian cheered, running toward the river. "Quick, search for weapons," he said and almost immediately we all started digging into the ground.

"Found one," Adriel informed, lifting the dragon claw up to show it to us.

I can't believe Vela was right!

I pulled out a sword and stood up happily. I know how to use that thing. I remember we used to train with weapons in the academy and I was best at fighting with a sword.

Not all of us got a weapon though. Nick, Brian, Lauren and of course, Vela didn't have one. Not that Vela will ever get a weapon even if we did find one. "Now we could separate and look for food and shelter," Jett said.

I teamed up with Nick and Sarah. Brian and Lauren went with Jett since they don't have a weapon. Adriel, Kenric and Vela left together after a huge debate with Sarah.

As for Aiden, we don't know where he went.