[44] The Finale | Part: 1

Undeniable pain took hold of my body

Undeniable pain took hold of my body. Everything ached, everything caged me in, and everything left a ghostly presence in the back of my mind. And knowing Oryn's inevitable death, left that upcoming permanent scar.

Brandon was now talking our previous circumstances with everyone sat around him. Where we're going, was beyond my awareness, only thing I understood, was the imminent confrontation if we backtrack to Levilnor.

Where was I? I was present in the circle, paying no attention to the muffled voices as they spoke and posed unanswered questions. Whatever they were saying had absolutely zero meaning because I already knew those things.

All the care I had once carried in my heart was wiped away like a simple eraser would with a pencil. And almost all the tears had dried that I, myself, wasn't sure I could release a single one over the harshest of things awaiting me in the future.

"... Felicity, Felicity..." a voice was brought to life the moment the barrier I had built in my mind broke. I shook my head and blinked away my confusion, then forced my eyes up from the floor and to the speaker.

Aiden sat before me, all the way across the circle, his irises pleading silently with me, asking a question I knew all too well. A question I didn't know the answer to all along and up till now.

"Can I have a word with you?"

Wasn't really what I had in mind, I thought of an 'are you okay' or a 'what's wrong' but, guess he had other plans.

I allowed a deep breath to flow in through my nose, nodding afterwards. There was no point in trying to escape empty words. No point in the slightest.

With too much effort, I pushed my body up and walked with him till we were standing far from the others.

For a moment, we stood in silence, and it wasn't until he broke it that I met his eyes.

"I... I really am speechless," he muttered, "for a lot of things." He shook his head, trying to clarify his previous words.

"Them being?" I asked, expecting a thank you or a sorry... which never came.

"Felicity, I want to change some things," he said in a clipped tone, the words escaping his mouth quicker than supposed.

"And what are those things?"

"Everything. Everything, Felicity. The rules of the village, the things I need to make up for and the way people view me... They're just a lot. And I need your help."

"Aiden..." I sighed, "if you want my help then explain better."

The lack of understanding I had to his point of view was pushing my buttons. I needed to know what he was implying to be able to offer my best.

"Right now, I just need your cooperation with one thing."

My lips refused to press further at this point and my eyes were up to all the work.