[21] Consequences And Their Pain

"Get away from me!" I twisted in his arms but within seconds, I had a knife to my throat, causing me to freeze with my head tilted up

"You move once, I'll cut you twice," he threatened, his voice sending fright shudders through my body. He steadied me harshly and steered me out of the woods by my shoulders until we were standing in front of the auditorium.

The three men pushed us to our knees in synchrony just as Torryn stepped in front of me since I was in the middle.

I kept my head low for a while till I heard my name being called. I looked up frantically to see guards holding my parents back while they screamed in fear. In fear that what had happened to Zane might happen to me too.

"Silence!" Torryn yelled in fury and everyone, as told, fell silent except for my parents, Amelia's parents and Brandon's mother who kept trying to push against the eminents so she could get to her only son.

"What were you three doing in the woods?" he asked, his voice frosty and imperious.

"We were hunting," Brandon responded unabashedly, staring intensely into Chief's eyes in defiance. He's playing a dangerous game, I thought. And as expected, Brandon let out a low grunt after he got hit across the face by one of the guards, meanwhile Amelia and I glared daggers at Torryn who stood still in front of us.

"Do you not know that hunting at night is not allowed? Do you not know that even leaving your house at night is not allowed?" he hollered, taking out the sword__he was holding__from its cover.

"Stop this," my father interjected, walking in the middle of the circle that everyone formed around us so they could watch.

Somber scowled, "how dare you-"

"How dare you do this to children?" Dad cut him off, looking at Torryn who pretty much seemed constipated.

"They're not children," Somber objected. "They're supposed to be twenty-one which means they know what they're doing and they should be responsible for it."

"Compared to us, they are children and you should never, never treat one like that," Brandon's mother, Eliana, spoke, coming up next to my dad.

"Fine. If I can't hurt children, I'll hurt adults," he said and in an instant, our parents were down on their knees.

We shrieked as loud as we could so he wouldn't touch them but that was the complete opposite of what happened.

We were pulled up forcefully and dragged backward but then I didn't catch what went on. I was too scared to open my eyes. Far too scared.

I felt the grip on my arms loosen and I slowly peeled my eyes open only to be met with a sight I never thought I would see. Never even thought of.

There, our parents laid in a pool of their own blood, limp and shaking. My feet somehow made it to my mother's body but my brain turned to stone, it was like I didn't have control over my actions

"No no no, mom." I knelt down next to her, cupping her cheeks. "Go to your dad, Felicity," she whispered, her eyes slowly closing.

"No mom, stay," I cried, "please stay."

"I'm sorry, baby."

"Mom I need you," I yelled, desperately wishing she would just wake up and hold me. "Mom." I rested my forehead against hers and shut my eyes. What did they do? They didn't deserve this.

I kissed her forehead as a sign of respect and as a thank you for being there for me and for being a perfect mother. A thank you for the love she gave me and a thank you for just being my mom.

...

I regained my mind and stood up, wiping my face with the back of my hand, "Dad?" I yelled out. No answer. Everyone was just watching me.

"Where is he?" I shouted at Chief Torryn and he ignored me, talking angrily to one of his helpers. "Where is my dad?" I cried out again, looking around for him but stopped when I noticed Amelia and Brandon too busy with their lifeless parents, trying to wake them up even though they know they couldn't.

"Take them to the ship," Chief ordered and almost immediately the three of us started screaming and sobbing, begging him to forgive us and to give our parents good burials but we didn't get an answer.

Just a look.

A/N I know those memory chapters are shorter than usual but they have to be that way for the sake of the story. Also, is the story coming to an end? Sadly, yes but like, in nine chapters or more lmao.

Question time: what is/are the small thing/s I've mentioned before but never really explained in the story that you really want to know?

Don't forget to vote and share😉 Stay peaceful✌❤