[4] Backtracking And Discoveries

^The hallway^

The moment I stepped out of the room and into the hallway, I froze

The moment I stepped out of the room and into the hallway, I froze. Without even having to think about it, I went back inside.

Not only is it so easy for me to get caught, but there was also a humanoid standing at the end of the hallway. Great!

The door automatically locked with a soft click as I slumped down on the bed. I turned over so I was on my back and stared at the ceiling, my eyes slowly closing.

I was going to escape tonight but not right now. If you think about it, I'll be the odd one out when everyone is awake and walking around the building so without any doubts, they'll catch me. And when they catch me, they'll know I'll try to escape again so they'll put extra guards on me.

Slowly, I started losing consciousness and my vision went black, allowing me into a deep slumber.

"Felicity why?" Amelia asked, her voice full of sorrow.
"It's the right thing," I said, pushing past her and walking away.

"Wake up." Someone shook me harshly and my eyes flew open. "It's dinner time," a humanoid informed me and walked out of the room. Why are they so damn robotic?

I rubbed my sleepy eyes, standing up. I wobbled to the bathroom so I could wash my face and freshen up a bit. When I walked in, I spotted an outfit on the floor.

It was pretty cute

It was pretty cute. Not only that, but it had a pair of high-top white converse next to it. I bent down and grabbed the top and the skirt, leaving the shoes.

I put the outfit on and washed my face. Not gonna lie, I feel awesome. I slipped the converse on and brushed my hair with a clean brush I found in the drawer.

Checking myself in the mirror, I realised I don't really know where the cafeteria is.

I know I went to it this late afternoon but I wasn't really paying attention to the directions. Well shit!

I ran out of the room and relief washed over me when I saw a group walking together. I hurried to catch up with them but stopped when I noticed that it was the Chief's son and his friends.