[23] Helicopters And Given Chances

Felicity's memories:-

"Brandon, it's just a baby," I said, reaching out to grab the little black cat. "Aww." I pet it repeatedly.

"Well, you're not going to aww when it grows up and eats us all," Brandon deadpanned and I glared at him while Amelia laughed in the back.

"But maybe if we take care of it and feed it, it'll be our friend," Amelia piped in and Brandon groaned, shaking his head.

"You girls are nuts! It's a fucking Jaguar," he argued as Amelia took the baby out of my hand and began petting it to sleep.

"Besides, how are we going to feed it if we can't feed ourselves?" Brandon asked and I pursed my lips in thought.

"We'll figure it out." I waved it off. I grabbed the spear we struggled to make and gracefully threw it in the water, catching a fish.

There was another spear in progress since spears are the 'easiest' to make out of all the other weapons but for now, we're stuck with one.

"Still need one more," Amelia informed and I nodded, focusing on a fish that swam in front of me.

"What for? We already have three," Brandon said, gesturing to the fish cooking on the fire he built.

"For little black cat," Amelia replied just as I caught another one.

"It's a jaguar." He rolled his eyes, taking the fish from my hand, making the both of us laugh at his statement.

It's been... probably a week and we've been trying our best to survive. So far, we're good.

"What're we gonna name it?" Amelia asked, glancing adoringly at the sleeping cutie.

"Murder? Jaguar? Omnivore Junior? His mama could eat us?" Brandon suggested and we laughed at the seriousness in his voice.

"They all suck," I commented and he elbowed me lightly in my side, making me laugh even more.

"What if-" Amelia was cut off by a sound coming from the sky and we immediately looked up to see something flying but slowly moving down.

"Girls." Brandon jumped up and pulled us back as the thing dove down, causing sand to scatter everywhere and us to cover our faces.

A guy hopped out of the thing after its voice died down and smiled sweetly at us, his arms open wide. He let his arms fall to his side whilst walking toward us, the grin not leaving his face.

"Hello there, Levilnor people," he said, stopping in front of the three of us. "It's so nice to finally see a few people from there," he sighed, "It's been so long."

"Do we know you?" Amelia asked and he chuckled, scratching his Adam's apple.

"You don't, but I do," he answered, two guys wearing latex suits came up behind him.

"Sounds like a creep to me," I said, making him laugh out loud. Guess he doesn't do anything other than that. It's annoying.

"Not really, but practically yeah," he chuckled, "that village is quite... interesting."

"Your point?" Brandon seemed aggravated and to me, I think we're, bit by bit, losing our only chance at leaving this island which is really, really nerve-wracking.

"Ah, right, my point." He turned around, "you see this helicopter?" He turned to look at us, "I want you to come back with me in it."

"Where are we going to go?" I asked and he pursed his lips.

"My building."

"How do we know that you're not going to kill us?" Amelia narrowed her eyes at him and he only burst out laughing. Again.

"Oh please, I don't look like a killer, do I?"

"Not quite. You don't strike me as one but you could be. Who knows?" I shrugged.

"Oh come on, if I really wanted to kill you, why wouldn't I have done it now? You guys are weapon-less, weak and drained, I could take you out in seconds." He rolled his eyes, "they could take you out in seconds," he corrected, pointing at the guards with his thumbs over his shoulder. 

"That's rude," Brandon paused, "and threatening, but you do have a point. But you don't really have one. But-"

"You can't even put words together so shut up." Amelia slapped his chest and he sighed dramatically.

"I definitely don't know what you mean and I don't want to, but I promise, it'll change everything. Also... don't you want to get revenge on the ones who killed your parents?" He inquired and my heart literally sank to the deepest pit in my stomach.

How did he know about that? Stupid Felicity, he said he knew almost everything going on in the village. True.

Brandon and Amelia shared a look of anxiousness but I could tell, they were totally in. "I don't mind," they said in unison, taking deep breaths as if they had just said the impossible.

The guy grinned and glanced at me before tilting his head to the side, his eyes questioning.

I'm... a little fine with it. I'd rather give 'his building' a chance than stay on this island forever.

He also gave good points.

Honestly, it's just a matter of survival and as long as I'm somewhere safe, I'm fine. And... to be realistic, I do want to get revenge.

"Okay. But what did you say that thing is?" I nodded my head at the weird flying thingy.

"It's a helicopter." He laughed, tardily escorting us to the... whatever, I don't care what it's called.

"Wait," Amelia shouted, running back to the fire that was nearly out. She grabbed the Jaguar and her fish.

"Get me mine," I screamed for her to hear and she nodded, taking Brandon's too. What? We're hungry.

"Are you fucking with me?" Brandon glared at her and then at the kitty she held in her hand.

"It's okay, there is plenty of food for it at my building," the guy said as I jumped inside, followed by Amelia.

"Come on, man. You're supposed to back me up," Brandon sighed, getting in.

"Put the belts on," he ordered and we did as told, for it's our first time to even see this thing let alone ride in it.

"By the way, what's your name?" Amelia asked after we were all settled.

He smiled, "Hector. My name is Hector."