[17] Punishments And Shooters

Torryn's POV:-

Torryn's POV:-

It's been a month since I've last seen my son in real life. And it also has been almost a week since I've seen my son play in those games and with every passing second my heart sinks.

I'm still hurt by the fact everyone blames me for it. Had I known that the moment I exiled this troubling trio, this would happen, I would've never done that especially if I knew it would put my son in danger.

"She's alone," Somber said and I nodded, lifting my head off the table so I could go take another look at the huge screen in the middle of the village.

I walked out of my house and was immediately met with the screen, held up by two metal poles for everyone to watch.

There, Felicity sat in front of the fire, hugging her knees while staring off at the trees, surrounding them from every corner.

Everyone around her was asleep including my son. Lord let him be safe.

It was sunrise and it would've been a beautiful view if they weren't there.

"Kenric left her and went to sleep even though it was his turn to keep watch and she has been like this ever since," Somber informed me, his voice holding a lot of guilt and sympathy.

"Don't talk like that about my son," Kenric's mother, Nerah, yelled at Somber and his face turned into one of those angry snarls.

"Did you not see what he did?" He argued and she nodded.

"But she's a low rank anyway." She shrugged.

Something about this sentence just made me snap. "Nerah, enough."

She glared at me and turned to her husband who was pacing back and forth, running his hand through his hair multiple times.

"How are Clayton and Katie doing?" I asked and Somber nodded his head toward them.

They were trembling with trauma. Their son's death is still fresh, for it only happened a day ago. Somehow, Felicity's image changed to the better, not just to me but almost to everyone, when we saw how affected she was, how she sobbed in his chest, how she fought the trees and so on. On the other hand, Jett's image literally died for everyone who loved him.

We all saw how he missed the tiger and killed Nick instead when he threw himself in front of Felicity to protect her. We all saw how Adriel and Lauren were the ones who actually killed the animal. But I saw how guilty he felt when he killed Nick, how he wept before sleep took over him, I saw past his mistake. He didn't mean it.

Aiden sat up and I felt my heart shake in fear inside my chest. Son was the only word I heard in my head whenever I saw him. I want him to stay safe. I hope he stays safe and comes back home to mine and his mother's arms.

He stared at Felicity as she cried with her head buried in between her arms and knees, and I noticed the empathy in his eyes. My son was no bad guy. I know that.