[22] Lost Lives And Scary Hopes

^Amelia^

Felicity's memories:-

"Don't do this Torryn, please," I screamed, getting pulled away by two strong high ranks. I squirmed in their arms, "At least bury them." I sobbed, giving up and letting them drag me to the ship.

I know he would just dump them somewhere and that's not what I want for my mom. Why does he have to be so cruel, Damn it!

I groaned at the same time Brandon and Amelia did as we were thrown in a ship's hold and locked in there.

We were silent.

No one knew how to express what was caused by Torryn.

"And his stupid ass of a son," Brandon yelled. "He just... he didn't even give a single fuck! He didn't even try to stop his murderous father. He didn't even- Oh my God!" He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, pacing back and forth. "I hate this village, I hate this life and I hate myself," he said, his voice cracking. He fell down and put his head in his hands weakly.

He was always the type of person who when sad, takes it out in the form of anger and frustration.

"Brandon," Amelia spoke softly, kneeling down next to him with a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay to cry."

He glanced up at her with teary eyes like he's been waiting for someone to tell him so but then he looked away and chocked on a sob.

Amelia turned to me, her own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Amy." I grabbed her attention, "It's okay to cry," I muttered and just as I said that, a tear fell from her dull yet still shiny eyes.

I felt light-headed when the ship started moving so I sat down in the far corner away from Brandon and Amelia; I didn't want them to see me break down again.

Next thing I know, we were jumping out of the ship with Somber and his minions before they threw us three on the sand.

"Wait, wait!" Amelia ran after them but it was too late as they had already boarded the ship. I, on the other hand, was clueless. Not just clueless, I was motionless.

Too many voices, too many faces and too many flashbacks. My life was passing before my eyes like it was an awfully scary and woeful movie. Slowly, it was getting louder and sadder until my mom's death... It became a heartbreaking and unbearable movie to watch. But I couldn't stop it; I couldn't shut off my mind. No one can.

"They can't just do that," Brandon yelled angrily, punching a tree and wincing slightly at the impact. Amelia kept sobbing, tear after tear leaving her eyelids as she tried to cover her face. I, however, didn't know how to feel. I couldn't feel. I couldn't do anything in general.

"What are we gonna do?" Amelia cried, sinking her hands in her curly hair in fear.

"We just have to suck it up." Brandon frowned and stared up at the already morning sky.

We've taken so long to make it to this island and it'll take us forever to get used to this. Not like we'll even be able to survive.

"This is the dumbest way to die," Brandon shouted, covering his face with his hands in irritation.

"Brandon calm the fuck down," I yelled. "You're making me go out of my damn mind." I took off my hunting cap and threw it on the ground, causing sand grains to fly up which left me a bit satisfied. I needed to take out those built up emotions and anger was my best bet.

"I am going out of my mind," he argued, emphasizing the 'I' to make his point.

"So am I!" I pointed at myself. "I'm just as crazy as you are right now, Brandon."

"Felicity-"

"I just want a moment in my own space," I interrupted Amelia and sat by one of the many tall palm trees. I hugged my knees closer to my chest and finally let it out once my circumstances settled in my brain and made sense.

I was the reason my mom got killed.

Brandon's POV:-

I ruined their lives when both of them didn't deserve this.

"The rules won't apply to us."

A stupid saying said by a stupid guy.

They probably hate me for it and I don't blame them. I caused all of this shit to happen and I can't take back anything because... I don't know.

I messed up, real bad. And if one of us should've faced the consequences alone, it should've been me. Just me.

Felicity had her head buried in between her arms and knees while Amelia stood, facing the water that jailed us on the island.

In our eyes, the view was a dungeon, but it's not the view that was horrible, the complete opposite. It looked quite peaceful, it's just the emptiness we all feel that made us so careless about the beauty of the place we were in.

I was numb and I know they were too. My faith was crushed and stomped on too many times that I can't find hope. I won't find hope.

There, my life was pretty much losing liveliness in front of my eyes and the worst thing is, I'm not alone.

I caused two beautiful and kind girls to lose their lives too.