[9] Bites And Fang Marks

^her sword^

"I'm tired," Nick complained, making Sarah groan

"I'm tired," Nick complained, making Sarah groan. "We've only been walking for a short while, Nick." She rolled her eyes and I patted his back, not taking him seriously. I mean, I was holding back my laughter.

"Do you think we'll even hear them?" He asked and Sarah frowned. "Why exactly haven't we thought about this before we separated?" I furrowed my eyebrows. They stopped in their tracks and turned to look at me.

"I don't know," he paused, "Probably because we're stupid." He shrugged. Damn, he's right.

Before we separated, we had agreed to yell a name if we're in danger or if we found shelter. But apparently, we are stupid because we might not hear them.

Our duty was to hunt birds, squirrels, rabbits... basically any eatable animal. But we still haven't found any. "Okay, stay wary because I hear some noises," Sarah said and I nodded. Nick, on the other hand, kept teasing me, making me squeal every now and then.

"Will you just stop?" I whisper-yelled when he blew in my ear. He just chuckled and kissed my cheek innocently. I rolled my eyes, leaving his side and walking up to Sarah who was focused on something between the bushes.

"Do you see it?" She spoke quietly and I squinted a little until I noticed a snake. "What is a snake doing between bushes if they're usually on trees?" She asked and... Does she know that I'm the last person you'd want to ask?

"Must be injured." Nick stood behind me, his hands on my shoulders, "You want to kill it?" He raised an eyebrow, keeping his voice down.

"Yeah, snakes can be eaten. You just have to cut their heads off," she replied, grasping her spear tightly.

"You're telling me, you want to eat a snake

"You're telling me, you want to eat a snake." Nick pulled Sarah back and she gave him a pointed look. "Yes, Nick. We are going to eat a snake. Can you hunt something else?" She said and he didn't answer, "That's right." She turned around and threw the spear, hitting the snake perfectly.