[27] Bullet Wounds And Smiles

I screamed

I screamed. The sound of the bullet echoing in my ears as I stumbled back. My hand brushed against the wound and I cringed, pulling my hand away instantly.

Aiden tossed Brandon a gun and in a matter of seconds, Brandon fired it. Torryn lost his balance when the bullet tore through his chest and only had less than a second to glance at his son one last time.

I couldn't see what happened next because everything disappeared and Aiden was the only one left.

He sat on his knees, taking both of my hands in his and helping me to my knees as well. Aiden cupped my cheek, smiling slightly. His eyes were gentle... kind even, but I just knew this wasn't real.

Aiden was a first class asshole with a bit of sympathy buried deep in his heart. The boy who sat before me wasn't the boy I'm used to. Not the rough, strong yet weak guy.

"You okay?" he asked softly, flashing me an apologetic look.

I shook my head. Not as an answer though, as a sign of disbelief and shock. "You're not real."

"I'm not," he admitted. "But I promise, I will be. Just you do whatever you're planning on doing."

"Aiden-"

He put his forefinger to my lips. "Don't. I know you're doing what you think is right and maybe, just maybe, you are."

"I didn't betray you-"

Again, he cut me off. "I know."

"You didn't look like you did when I got in the helicopter," I said, feeling his hand squeeze my shoulder.

"A moment of anger, you could say." He shrugged, pulling me up to my feet after he stood up first.

"Well, you seem to have a lot of those and it's unnerving," I stated, a smirk playing on my face. I then furrowed my eyebrows and looked down at my wound which wasn't there.

He laughed. "Sometimes-"

He was interrupted by Nick who ruffled his hair and shoved him away from me jokingly. "Missed me?" He pulled Aiden next to him, throwing an arm around his shoulders.

I matched his grin and nodded. "It's been too long, Nick. I missed you." I wrapped my arms around him and he lifted me up.

"I know," he set me down, "and I need to tell you something." His smile faded, causing an uneasy feeling to bite at my heart. "Brandon-"

My eyes flew open and I bolted upright. My heart was violently thumping in my chest, taking my hearing along with it.

I frantically looked around, only to find out I was in my room which made me relax a lot.

Yesterday, when we had made it to the building, I was offered a room close to Amelia's. I took a shower, changed into a new outfit and all that wacky normal shit which to me, felt like royalty.

Hector had then taken me to the cafeteria where we sat alone, talking about Brandon's plans for the eminents and, of course, ate the most delicious meal I've had in a while.

All in all, it was one luxurious day.

I also got to know Hector and he wasn't that much of a bad guy actually. He reminded me of my father. The way he spoke to me, the way he stood up to me, his weird sense of humor...

He replaced the father I lost.

And I'll never forget the way he kept Brandon and Amelia away from me. He knew I didn't want to talk to them and he respected it even though he really wanted us to reconnect as family.

'You can't lose them too, Felicity. They're the only family you have left and you are the only family they have left. Don't ruin a precious friendship for what happened in the past as long as it doesn't affect the present.'

That was his advice and to be honest, it made me want to rethink things.

I lazily dragged myself out of the bed's warmth and comfort and made it to the bathroom. For the last few weeks, I had been sleeping on sticks and mud so now, a bed feels like a huge deal.

I closed the door after me and opened the small cabinet above the porcelain sink. Yes, the cabinet wasn't big but man did it hold so many folded outfits!

I settled for one and picked out some shoes from the treasure-like wooden box before putting it all together.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and all that stuff then made my way to Hector's office

Last night, I remember he told me that we needed to talk and I know we do, but something in me doesn't want to.

What if he has Brandon in there? How will I face that dumball? Just kick him in his family jewels? Punch his adorable face?

Okay, that's enough.

I marched as slow as a kid going to school yet I still found myself standing in front of his door.

With a deep breath, I turned the doorknob and walked in.

A/N this is just the beginning of a new ride that wouldn't take long to end, I promise. I know you want this book the be over and so do I but... Whatevs.

Stay peaceful✌❤