[41] Hugs And Woeful Relief

"Felicity," Brandon said, relief laced in his tone as he threw his arms around me

"Felicity," Brandon said, relief laced in his tone as he threw his arms around me. My eyes were still wide at the sight of Sarah who stared back at me over Brandon's shoulder; However, I wrapped my arms tightly around him and dropped her gaze.

I buried my head in Brandon's chest, allowing the tears that have long been stinging my eyes, to roll down my cheeks.

I don't know why I was silently crying but a hug was all I needed to give in to the pain. It was all I needed to release all the mixed up feelings I've been battling ever since the murder of my parents.

I heard the hovercraft start but still refused to let go of Brandon, clutching his body close to me. I seemed desperate. I felt desperate.

Right at this moment, I knew exactly what I was feeling. I wasn't just crying for myself, no. I was crying from the shock Sarah had inflicted on me, I was crying for Hector, I was crying for the eminents and I was crying for everyone else who had lost their lives in the process.

Anger? I felt none. It had dissipated the second the spear had taken away a life. A life that was built on pain and fear. But also a life that caused pain and fear.

"We need to go," Amelia said, her voice thick with tears when she put a hand on my back.

"I know, hold on," Brandon muttered, detaching himself softly from the death grip I had on him. He pulled back completely and looked down at me. "I can't say it's going to be okay because I'm just as clueless as you are but," he lightly cupped my cheeks in both of his hands, "I'm here. I'll always be here."

I nodded, hugging him one last time before he helped me climb into the vast inner space of the craft. Wiping away my tears, I called for Mark when I saw him bend down next to Hector's still figure.

"I'm not leaving," he yelled for me to hear. He shook his head. "I only helped you because I knew what he was doing was wrong. That doesn't mean I'm not going to stay loyal... does it?"

I smiled, sadness transparent on it. "It doesn't."

"Good." A grin appeared on his face, his hair sticking to his forehead. "Good luck, Felicity. You really are a hero."

We rose above the ground and before the doors would close, I caught Mark's sad eyes. "Hey, Mark?"

He raised an eyebrow.

"Thank you." I kept a smile on my face. The smile that said everything I couldn't say fast enough.

I let out a breath as I was blocked from the world and fully engulfed within the craft, shaking my thoughts aside.

"Quite a bit of a shock, isn't it?" someone laughed, making me turn around.

Sarah sent a soft smile my way.

"How?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing in major conflicts with the odd thoughts that creeped over my mind.

"I didn't die." She shrugged. "Amy and Brandon took me back in without Hector's awareness."

"You... didn't... die?" I murmured, confusion strong enough to make me stumble over my own words.

"My pulse was just weak," she replied. "And that idiot thought I died." She giggled.

Does she realize she's talking about her best friend? Her dead best friend, to be exact?

"Yes, I know he's gone and yes, I still am hurt. I just had my fair share of tears that I don't think I could shed any anymore," she said, pretty much answering all of my unspoken questions. "Enough of that, how are you, Felicity?"

I could definitely tell she was avoiding talking about Nick the best she could but yet I heard the genuineness in her tone. She really was concerned.

"I'm fine, you could say. At least, I hope I am," I said, catching Brandon's eyes from the other end of the hovercraft where he stood with his arms crossed, speaking to Amelia.

"Sarah, do you know who's flying this thing?"

She nodded. "It's automatic. Still though, sometimes it has to be redirected."

"Do you know how to redirect it?"

"No, Brandon does."

I pursed my lips, giving her a tight-lipped smile before excusing myself.

I truly was happy she was alive just... I really needed to talk to Brandon. I wanted to know his next move.

Because I already have mine.