[5] Best Friends And Family

^Brandon^

"You dick!" I screamed, lunging forward in attempt to hit him but I was quickly pulled back by two of his guards

I squirmed in their arms, trying to flee myself but I soon gave up and fell to the ground. My limbs numb and my body shaking out of anger.

Everyone was looking at me as if I just grew a second head. But this is Brandon. The one I fought with. The one who injected me with stupid Pantovax. And the one I called 'brother'.

"Come here." Nick came from behind me and pulled me up on my feet. He grabbed my waist, steadying me as I struggled to stand.

Noah walked over to me and held both of my hands, rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb. I was grateful for their help.

"I'm going to start listing the ones who are going to the arena," Brandon said, "And Felicity," he looked at me, "you're already in."

I already knew that. And why the heck is he talking like he's about to play 'hide and seek' with us? I don't know what this shit is anyway but Hector promised he'll explain later.

A small machine stood on the table next to him with a bowl in front of it. It was like a claw machine.

The bowl had folded papers in it and I assumed the machine will pick up a paper and the name that's drawn-out is going to be one of the people going to the arena. And I was right.

The machine took hold of a paper and Brandon pulled it out and unfolded it. "Sarah Vore," Brandon said and then looked up to see the crying girl.

As I had already said, everyone here is eminent in the village. Except for me and Brandon.

I know who Sarah is and of course, I've never spoken with her. But I know she's older than me since she graduated school a year before I did.

"Kenric Pense." Brandon threw the paper as Kenric stepped out of the circle we were gathered in. He swallowed harshly and stood next to Sarah, giving her a side hug.

"I'm already bored with this," Brandon sighed. "Mark, you continue." He skipped over to the door but didn't leave. He just crossed his arms and stood there, inspecting everyone.

Why do I hate him so much if I don't remember what actually happened between us? Parts of the argument that broke us keep flooding my mind but I still don't know the full reason.

"Brian Minari," Mark yelled out and yes, he's acting like a robot. Damn, those shits keep making me doubt myself.

Brian pursed his lips, his eyes glistening under the white light which proves he's on the verge of tears.

"Adriel Udell." She put a hand on her chest, breathing heavily as she stood by the others. I love how I'm not even surprised. Like, I know I'm one of them but I'm just too much of a lazy ass to go stand next to them. And because I'm not one of the eminents.

"Nick Fenmore." He left my side and went to the rest of the group. I could practically hear their heartbeats because of how scared they were. I would've been scared too but I truly don't know anything about this.

"Lauren Natal." I like how she just stood up from her seat and walked over to the group without looking the least afraid. She was even sitting! I like her already.

Noah's hand was tremendously shaking so it was my turn to calm him down. If there's anything I know about Noah is that he has a baby sister so he probably doesn't want to leave her. I believe she's with his family in the village, I mean, there's no way in hell Brandon would have her here.

Everyone was whispering to their friends but the room suddenly went quite when his name was called, "Aiden Bryers."

A couple of gasps were heard as he nodded once with his lips firmly pressed together before stepping out of the circle.

Not gonna lie, I was shocked too.

Aiden is the Chief's son which makes him the soon-to-be Chief of the village so yeah, that's a shocker. I also don't care.

"Mom," I screamed, tears running down my face.

What was that? My eyes widened when I realized it was a memory. What the fuck was that?

I glanced at the floor, chewing on my bottom lip in thought. The moment I lifted my gaze up, blue eyes stared back at me, making me squirm as an awkward feeling rose within me. Aiden.

"Vela Vore," Mark called, bringing me out of my trance. Almost immediately, Sarah started yelling and sobbing. That's her younger sister. Shizzz, what are the odds?

"You can't do that." She squirmed in the guards' arms, yelling at Brandon who shrugged as if saying that he has no say in that matter.

The young girl ran up to Sarah who knelt down and engulfed her in a tight hug. "Jett Ozzel." The last name was called and Noah let out a sigh of relief.

Poor Jett looks shaken up. Aww.

"Aren't you going to join them, Felicity?" Brandon asked with a raised eyebrow and I really felt like punching him but sadly, he has two humanoids behind him.

"Sure," I said, defiance clear in my voice. I took small steps toward the group and stood next to Jett, giving him a pat on the back.

By now, everyone in the room was speaking normally with each other. No whispers.

"You may take them to their room," Brandon says before exiting the cafeteria. Did I hear him correctly? Did he just say room? Just ONE FUCKING ROOM?

Oh God, I need to calm down. I took deep breaths, calming myself as we left the cafeteria led by two humanoids while the other two followed Brandon down the hallway.

I glanced out of the floor-to-ceiling windows as we made our way to the room and it was dark outside. I really need to talk to Hector before tomorrow.

"I'm sorry," I said when I bumped into Lauren but she just gave me a soft smile and a nod. She's nice! I knew I liked her.

I continued walking, followed by a humanoid since one was leading us and the other was behind us. Probably making sure no one escapes.

"Get in." he pushed a door open and we trailed in. Literally after I stepped foot into the room, the door locked. Fuck them!

There were all types of reactions. Aiden sat on a bed and put his head in his hands, others broke down into tears, Lauren went to the bathroom and Sarah was holding Vela as if she would disappear.

But then there's me, standing by the door like an awkward potato. Not knowing what this is all actually about.

A/N Hey guys, I really hope you like the story so far. I swear the plot is so cool in my opinion, you just have to wait and keep on reading.
Don't forget to vote😉
Stay peaceful❤✌