[32] Recognition And Reconciliations

"You don't remember anything, do you?" He frowned and I shook my head

That was him trying to see if his stupid memory erasing chemical worked.

"What's wrong?" I frowned. He stared me dead in the eye, "You need to come to my office right now," he said and my frown deepened. What?

"What about dinner?" I complained and he shook his head. "Forget about it. This is important." He grabbed my arm and started pulling me behind him. Okay, this is weird.

That was him trying his best to act as if he actually cared about what would happen to me.

"What exactly is Pantovax?" I questioned and he started pacing. "Pantovax is a serum they injected you with so you wouldn't be able to remember three months or so of your life." He stopped pacing and went over to his desk.

"Okay, ignoring the fact that I've been injected with something that made me forget a tiny part of my life, why are they trying to make a new version of Pantovax and what are they going to do with it?" I asked, taking a seat in front of him.

"They were planning on sending everyone back except for the ones who were going to the arena," he explained, "and because they want to send them back, they don't want any of them to remember anything that happened here permanently."

"What do you mean permanently?" I inquired.
"Your memories are going to return to you after a while and they don't want that to happen," he answered and I nodded.

And that was him, telling me that I'll regain my memories. The memory of the Chief killing my parents that was stolen from me when I was injected with the serum. Thinking back to it, he probably meant I'd get them back all the while being in the arena. So that I could turn against the eminents and then he would come to get me as if he was my savior. As if he was actually worried about me.

What a dumbass! Yes his plan was thought through, but did he really think that the truth would stay forever hidden?

And... did he really believe I turned against the eminents as the consequences of my mistake settled in? Guess I was that good of an actress. Or he was just that dumb of a human.

One of the things I remembered him telling me was: "I don't know anything else, Felicity. I just know that there will be cameras, trackers and danger."

Cameras. The only word I needed to pull off the stunt I did back in the arena.

Slowly, I told them the real reason I ran away from the others when I got my memories back.

"What can I say? We grew up together," Amelia giggled, wrapping her arms around me. "I missed you so much," she muttered in my embrace, making me grin and glance at Brandon over her shoulder.

"You're not gonna join in?" I asked, catching him off guard. He cast me an unsure look, his eyes holding more desolation than I had imagined which made me sigh and pull away from mine and Amelia's bear hug.

I took her hand in mine, and tugged her after me as I made my way toward him. With a smile plastered on my face, I cupped his cheek with my free hand and stared deep into his eyes.

Brandon felt really guilty. If not for how horrible he had acted toward me before I went to the arena then for the day he convinced us to go hunting at night which then became a routine and thus, problems were quickly created, entangling our lives and our relationship together in one slurring vortex of destruction.

But it's over. Mostly. And I forgive him.

Knowing the truth, the way he treated me was just one big act to get on Hector's good side just so he could help me from here... Instead of being thrown in the jungle with me with no way of usefulness.

A couple of questions still stung my tongue though. Trying to fight their way out of my mouth but I'm not giving in. Not when everything was slowly getting better.

Curiosity could wait. For all I know, those questions didn't really matter. They wouldn't really affect anything but console my fueling interests.

"I am not letting our friendship slip like that." I shook my head, waiting for a couple of seconds before I continued. "I don't hate you, Brandon," I murmured. "I won't ever do that."

With that, I grabbed his hand and pulled him in for a hug, forced to let go of Amelia's hand.

He, at first, stiffened but after a while, I felt his muscles laze with ease underneath my hold. He hugged me back, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me up, slowly swaying as we allowed welfare to consume the two of us.

A faint clapping compelled him to set me back on the concrete floor of his office. We both turned to look at Amy who wiped a non-existent tear from the corner of her eye, clasping her hands together in a feather light tone.

"You guys grew up too fast." Her face quickly turned back to normal, "finally, you decided to bury the hatchet and grow the fuck up." She rolled her eyes, smirking.

We laughed at her way of presenting sarcasm, pulling her in for a group hug.

A/N The truth is out and I'm pretty sure some predicted it so... Did you predict it or not?

Stay peaceful❤✌