[3] Distracting Thoughts And Plots

^Hector's office^

"Brandon we can't do this," I pleaded, my voice full of worry

"Yes we can Felicity." He pinned me to the wall, "We can."

I snapped out of my trance and stared at Hector, my mouth agape. "How?" I said, my voice barely audible.

"I don't know. I was told it was you who wanted to be here and apparently, your presence changed a lot of things." He stood up and walked around his desk, taking a seat in front of me.

"It's not fair," I yelled and pushed him away from me.
"And were they fair to us?" He asked and I couldn't find it in me to answer. He was right.

"Felicity?" Hector waved his hand in front of my face, looking concerned.
"Uh, what exactly did my presence change?" I inquired quickly so he doesn't ask me what's wrong.

"Instead of forty-eight teenagers sent to the arena, it's going to be ten and you're one of them," he replied and that only added to my confusion.

"What arena?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he sighed.
"You don't remember anything, do you?" He frowned and I shook my head.

"Fine, Brandon." I stood in front of him, our chests almost touching, "Send me there."
"No you can't," Amelia yelled and I scoffed.

"Felicity you look distracted and I understand." He pulled me up, "There is still time but I think today isn't one of those times. I'll call them so they could take you to your room."

He walked back to his desk, pulling his phone out and pressing it against his ear after dialing a number.

Brandon? Amelia? Those are my friends. They were never one of those high ranks... just like me. I was fighting with them. That's all I can remember.

The door to the office swung open and in walked two of the humanoids. They grabbed my arms tightly but one of them was suddenly pulled away from me, making the other let go of my arm too.

"Don't be harsh on her, you understand?" Hector yelled and they nodded, lowering their heads. I gave him a smile–which he returned gladly–before stepping out of the office with the humanoids behind me.

They looked pretty cautious of me as if I would run but still I followed their directions obediently.

"That's your room," one of them said and opened the door for me. I walked in and sighed. The door closed and when I heard the sound of the door getting locked, I turned around and wiggled the door handle.

They can't lock me in here, can they? I gave up, accepting the fact that I am indeed locked and turned around to take a good look at my 'room'. Let me tell you, it wasn't plain white. Thank god! I wouldn't like sleeping in a science lab.

I went to check out the bathroom but my top priority was 'find a window'

I went to check out the bathroom but my top priority was 'find a window'. And because the universe hates me, there were none.

I opened the drawer that was underneath the sink and found the exact same outfit the girls were wearing in the cafeteria

I opened the drawer that was underneath the sink and found the exact same outfit the girls were wearing in the cafeteria. I took it out and stripped out of my clothes, hopping in the shower excitedly.

Don't know why I was though. Maybe because I don't really remember when was the last time I had taken a shower? Probably.

There was this shampoo bottle that smelled absolutely delicious. And now I'm hungry.

I washed my hair with the shampoo then rubbed in the hair conditioner. It smelled like strawberries, damn.

Letting the conditionner work its magic, I scrubbed my body with a Lavender loofah soap. My mind began zoning out as the warm water hit my back softly.

"You're not serious, are you?" Amelia said to Brandon, her voice laced with fear.
"I am. She's the one who asked for it anyway," he responded, sticking a needle into my neck.

I totally need to escape. I don't know what they're talking about and I don't want answers. Whatever arena Hector was talking about, is surely not my place and I don't even want to glance at it.

I rinsed my hair and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

Walking toward the outfit I hung on the bathroom hook, I couldn't help but smile when I noticed the black strappy undergarments.

I put the outfit on, slipped on the running shoes and pursed my lips, not really knowing what to do right now. My hair could dry on its own, I don't care. I exited the bathroom and jumped on the bed with a loud dramatic sigh.

How are my parents feeling? Do they miss me? Of course they do. They miss me annoying them. I just know it.

"You chose this, Felicity." Brandon shook his head, looking extremely disappointed.
"And I did the right thing," I said through gritted teeth, pushing past him and exiting his office.

Office? Brandon has an office? I jumped off the bed and ran to the door, banging on it. No response. Fuck.

How am I gonna get out? I searched the room for any trap doors, any dropped ceilings but nothing. There was nothing.

I shuffled through the drawers, looking for bobby pins so I can pick the lock and I found three. I only need two anyway so guess I'm lucky.

I removed the rounded end from the straight side of the bobby pin and flattened it out as much as I could. I started forming the other one into an 'L' shape and when I had them ready, I worked on picking the lock, making sure to apply pressure.

I remember dad was the one who taught me how to pick a lock. It was because he was bored and I was bored so he taught me. It was fun. For him. Watching me stress over my failed attempts.

I grinned when I remembered mom saying, 'When boredom strucks the both of you at the same time, it's the end of the world'. I miss them.

The door opened successfully and I let out a scoff. It's funny how this building has so many automatic and electronic devices but then the doors could be easily unlocked with a couple of bobby pins. Stupid.

I peeked outside, hoping no humanoid was guarding my room. Thankfully, no one was there so I pulled the door fully open.

The thing I hate the most is that my outfit is all black while theirs is all white—and the walls are white too—so I'm sticking out like a sore thumb.