four

david stared down at the bright screen of his phone, lightly shaking fingers hovering over the glass surface.

his gaze stayed on the application, the word "vent" engraved into it. he's nervous. it's been awhile since he's felt this way. especially when it comes to talking to someone. in this case with [name].

he's just about to press the icon when footsteps emitted from the hallways into his living room where he rested. david swiftly turns off his phone and quickly tosses it lightly onto the couch next to him.

he's grabbed his laptop when natalie enters the room, seeming to be texting on her iphone. she glances up at david for a brief moment before looking back down on her phone, beginning to walk over to him.

"hey, did you finish editing the vlog yet?" she spoke, not looking up from her bright screen.

"uh," he runs a hand through his dark locks of hair, quickly opening up the software program to actually start editing his vlog— he had too much in his mind to focus on editing right now, but he knows that he really should've been doing it already, "no, not yet."

natalie looks up from her bright screen, meeting david's chocolate irises, "it's past 1am, david."

"i know, i know." he sighs, "i'm almost done with it, i swear."

natalie didn't look convinced but dropped the subject nonetheless. she turns off her phone and slips it into her pocket of her pajama bottoms, "are you doing okay?"

"yeah, of course, why wouldn't i be?" david realizes that he may have answered her question a bit too quickly.

a calm expression with a small frown was held on natalie's face, as she continued to stare at david's. it had looked like she was searching for something, anything that seemed to be wrong, but found nothing.

she lightly shakes her head, "nervermind. it just— sometimes it feels like you aren't exactly here."

"whatdda you mean by that?"

"i mean," she looks away and runs her own hand through her hair, then looks back at the dark brown haired boy, "i know you are literally here, but it feels like you're just in your little own world sometimes when people talk to you... or even when you're just by yourself."

"nahh. i'm just tired a lot." david brushes off, "and to change that i'll just need to fix my uploading schedule again. every time i post know it's like... 6am in the east coast." he emits a weak laugh.

natalie doesn't laugh along, only holding a concerned look across her face, "okay." still not convinced, but she decides not to pry anything out of him. natalie's tried it before. all she had gotten from him was nothing, as usual.

"i'm gonna head to bed. make sure you finish editing that vlog soon." she concludes, then begins to walk away back towards the hallway, "night."

"night."david speaks with a monotoned voice, never taking his eyes off his screen. when natalie finally disappears, he sighs, running yet another hair in his long, curly locks.

within a moments notice he places his laptop down beside him and scrambles over to his phone, quickly grabbing it.

he presses the power button and waits anxiously for the bright screen to appear. when it did, he saw he had some notifications. none from [name].

a small frown appears on his face and he turns off his phone again, placing it upside down beside him.

what was he doing? why was he so excited yet so anxious to text a girl he's never even met before and literally only knew just her name? she had only opened up to him just a little bit and he can't seem to get her out of his mind. maybe he's going crazy from sleep deprive?

david shakes his head lightly to be rid the thoughts swarming around his mind. he grabs his laptop again and places it onto his lap.

maybe actually starting to edit his vlog will distract him from the world. maybe even his own thoughts. both of those things terrified him sometimes anyways.

♡ ྀ࿐ ✧˖*°