eighty-four - in which david accidentally gets himself drunk

"heyy! you're david's girl, right?"

[name] wasn't a fan of going to any party besides a kid's or family's. in her current situation now, this response only was one of the reasons why.

really the only reason why she even decided to come along with david to one of the usual la parties that happens on random nights during the week so he could have company.

most of his friends usually end up getting drunk so he could get some good content for his vlogs, so that meant he was the only sober person. even natalie would get drunk, she apparently always tends to wander off somewhere else during parties too.

[name] wasn't that big of a fan of drinking, so she was happy to be there with her boyfriend. sadly, though, she had lost him in the sea of people.

[name] awkwardly laughs, her arm raising up for her hand to rub the nape of her neck, "um... yeah... i'm david's girlfriend."

"awesome, dude!" the guy, who had randomly decided on speaking to [name], said, "how's it dating a guy like him?"

"a guy like him..?" [name] questioned, mostly to herself, before actually answering the tipsy guy in front of her, "um... it's great. he's a genuine guy and an amazing boyfriend anyone could ever ask for." a thought crosses her mind, "oh, uh, speaking of my boyfriend, have you seen him anymore? i've been looking for him."

the guy shakes his head, "nah, man, sorry. haven't seen him around. i'll let you know if i do, though."

"alright..." [name] slightly nods her head at the guy awkwardly, then quickly begins to walk off elsewhere. well that was fucking awkward as hell.

"[name]!" the familiar voice causes [name] to stop walking and let out a sigh of relief. she was relived to finally recognize someone other than david at this party.

[name] turns around to face the blonde girl, who was walking towards her through the crowd of people, "oh my god, rinna, you have no idea how happy i am to see you right now."

"that's the first anyone has ever said that to me." corinna jokes.

"no, seriously, i literally didn't know anyone else at this party but david and i fucking lost him."

"oh shit." corinna said, "that's like losing your child."

"exactly!" [name] exclaimed, throwing her hands up, "you haven't seen him around, have you?"

corinna ponders for a brief moment, "now that you mention it... i think i did see him briefly near the snack table. he was eating some of the gummy bears and cupcakes that were displayed ou—" corinna immediately cuts her own sentence off, her eyes widening and the color draining from her face.

as soon as [name] heard the words gummy bears and cupcakes her expression mimicked corinna's. they quickly lock eyes with one another, panic seeping in, "fuck!" they both yelled in sync.

"that dumbass—!"

"i'm going to fucking kill him—!"

"we need to, like, find him. asap!" corinna said, "he should have known better not to eat any fucking crap at any fucking party!"