seventeen

"what're you staring at?" scotty asked jason once he approaches him.

"hm?" jason hums, "oh, um, have you noticed something off about... david, lately?"

"what about him?"

"he seems a lot... happier."

"oh my god, i thought i was the only one who noticed."

"see! i knew it!" jason exclaims, "i mean i'm not really complaining either. he's been getting more sleep too. and his uploading schedule is better also. i wonder what's up with him?" the two glance back at david from the doorway, while the said boy was sprawled on scotty, jason, and toddy's couch in their living room. he was scrolling through his phone, smiling down at the screen.

jason and scotty spare a glance at one another, "yeah it's official. the world is definitely ending."

jason chuckles, "maybe it has something to do with that whole [name] controversy thing."

"should we ask him?"

"i wouldn't recommend it!" a voice shouted from the current room they were in exclaimed.

they snapped their heads around to look at toddy. zane was also sitting on the couch beside him, on his laptop editing one of his vlogs, "zane and i brought up the whole [name] thing and he got pissed."

"i was assaulted!" zane hissed, briefly looking up from his laptop than back down at it's screen.

"what?"

"he did really get pissed off when we mentioned [name], so i don't think it's a good idea to ask him about it right now." toddy said.

"i also dmed [name] on instagram too. the bitch in there assaulted me for that." zane pouted.

"fuck wait you were serious about that?" toddy turns sideways to face zane.

"uh, yeah." zane said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "and if david isn't going to date her, i'll take her instead."

the three stared at him in confusion, "the girl's got sass! i like sass!" zane defended himself, "so if he ain't datin' her i will."

"date who?" the new voice causes all four of them to yell aloud from being startled, as they all swiftly either turned their bodies around or switched their gazes over at david at the doorway.

scotty and jason had moved a few feet away from david when they were startled as well.

"nobody."

david had his arms crossed over his chest, beginning to raise a brow at them, "why do i find that hard to believe? you girls are always gossiping about something."

"pfft!" zane waves a dismissive hand a david before all four of them exchange looks with on another and share a nervous chuckle, "...no! we don't always."

there's a few moments of silence of just staring at one another, until, "you guys were talking about [name] again, weren't you?"

as if on cue to save only one of the boys, kristen walks into the room with link on a leash, heading towards the front entrance, "hey! kwisten! you need helping walking link?" scotty's already speed walking over to her before even answering.

kristen faces him with a puzzled look, "but... isn't it my turn today to—?"

"come on let's go!" scotty hurriedly leads his both adorable girlfriend and dog towards the front doors.

"TRAITOR!" zane yells out to him, the sound of the front doors sounding loudly bouncing off the walls.

david has watched scotty and kristen leave with the same stern expression on his face as he had while looking at the group of men. once he disappeared, david turns his gaze back on the three that were left.

"look, david—" jason is the one that finally decides to speak, "—we were talking about [name], but nothing that could offend her."

david continued to remain silent, "i was just saying that maybe she's the reason you've been... a lot happier, lately. and why you've looked a lot healthier too."

the stern expression on david's face softens as his eyes traveled down to the tiled floor, breaking his gaze with them.

"oh my god it is isn't it." toddy said more as a statement than a question.

david snapped his gaze back up once again, a small pink tinge appearing on his round cheeks, "no!"

zane gasps, shutting his laptop closed and placing it beside him, "holy fucking shit we just made a huge fucking discovery!"

"no—! stop it!"

"david's in looove!" toddy and zane said in sync, than start to laugh aloud together.

david glares at them both, briefly glancing over at jason whole was smiling slightly, "what? aren't you going to make fun of me too?" david asked.

"why would i? she's certainly doing a better job of making sure you actually act and look like an actual human being better than any of us." jason chuckles, "and come on, i'm not that cruel. but you're definitely one to talk you satanic fuck."

david couldn't help the small chuckle escape passed his lips from jason's comment. he looks back over at zane and toddy, who were still freaking out of the discovery they supposedly made.

david smiles more, shaking his head lightly, "you guys are idiots." he says to toddy and zane, catching their attention, "there's no romance going on between [name] and i, but..." he bites his lip, not sure whether he should continue his sentence or not, "but she's had a big influence on me, if that's what you want to know."

toddy and zane look at one another once again before letting out an obviously fake, overdramatic girlish scream while grabbing each other's hands and lightly bouncing in place on the couch.

the pink tinge on david's face from before remains as he lets out a sigh, "i'm going back on my phone." he began to walk back into the living room.

david thought about what he had said about him and [name] having any romantic thing going on. he smiled to that, a grin that was practically ear to ear.

he wondered what [name] was up to currently.

♡ ྀ࿐ ✧˖*°