seventy-nine

it's been a total week now since [name] had returned home from la. and most of that week she had been staying with layla, not that she minded. she just didn't realize how chaotic it was going to be during this week.

this entire week has mostly been layla's mother planning out their son's, parker, birthday. he was turning fifteen this week, and his mother was going to throw a party for him the upcoming weekend.

it was mostly family and parker's friends coming to the party, but they wanted to send an invitation out to everyone a week or two in advance. this entire week, though, was them buying some decorations and ordering a cake to be made a few days prior for the party and all that.

the miller's took parties and special occasions very seriously, from what [name]'s learned from being around them for half her life. all and all they were just a very large, loud, outgoing family that she's learned to love. it also explained where layla got her extroverted self from.

most of layla's brothers were just as outgoing, in their own special ways of course. christian was the most mature one out of them — granted, he was the oldest too — and he was the guy that everyone just seemed to like. [name] remembered him being loved by the students and even the teachers throughout high school.

he was — what some people would put it — the "friendly jock" or the "athletic smart kid" or even, [name]'s favorite, "too good to be true". christian always looked out for his little sister, as much as layla hated it. it went for the same with [name], as well, but she's always been grateful for that.

jackson was the nineteen year old, misunderstood child. not that he was one of those kids who cuts classes or does drugs or anything like that, but he was definitely seen as the class clown and more of the adventurous one.

he'll definitely get into some sort of trouble if given the opportunity. mostly "comedic" things. people throughout high school liked jackson in a different way than christian. expect the teachers. they weren't as fond of him as his older brother, since most of jackson's "comedic pranks" were towards all the adults.

plus, jackson was also secretly a soft, emo boy at heart just like his older sister. those two have more of a closer connection then the rest of their siblings since they can both jam out to or talk about my chemical romance or fall out boy or panic! at the disco or literally any band together without a care in the world. they also went to a shit ton of concerts that [name] was occasionally invited along to.

parker was definitely the smartest miller out of all the siblings, but he hated that about himself. it was very obvious. he hated being classified as a nerd at school and even in his household. that was sort of one of the reasons he started to rebel a bit.

he acted like an ass to most people and around his friends. it only made things worse when his teachers would compare him to his older siblings and degraded him about it. he hated the fact he was living in their shadows, so he had a hard time getting along with christian, jackson, and even layla.

but, he did have a soft spot for [name]. she was the one that got to see the soft side of him the most. she knew it was definitely because of the obvious crush he had on her — and she's definitely told the boy a million times in the nicest way possible that it definitely was not going to happen.

parker's accepted that fact, but he still allowed himself to like her more than his actual siblings. so even if he was an ass to most people, [name] knew he was just a soft, awkward nerd at heart who liked going to bed early, reading fantasy novels, watch a lot of anime and youtube, and he was a little bit of a gamer mostly because of his younger brother.