seventy-seven

it's been a total of four days since [name] had gone back home, and david wasn't exactly sure what the fuck was wrong with him.

no, scratch that— he knew what the fuck was up, and quite honestly it was driving him fucking insane.

truth be told, he didn't think that he's ever thought this hard about something in his life, ever. about anything. he's been so serious the past four days that it started to scare most of his friends.

granted, he was still putting on a smile when filming for his vlogs, but as soon as he was done he'd go stone cold and disappear from his friend group to either his own room or — if he was out — he might possibly just go straight home afterwards.

so yeah, worried might be an understatement to describe david's friends, especially natalie. it's hard for her to ignore what's happening the most when she's the one that sees him everyday.

so of course, since being the one that's around him the most, she was probably the best person to approach him during his current state.

it was around late at night. the brown, short haired girl enters the living, her eyes landing on david; lounging on his couch with his macbook settled on top of his lap, stern gaze glued to his screen.

natalie cautiously approaches the chocolate haired boy, sitting down in the open spot beside him. he doesn't say anything, keeping his gaze locked on his screen in front of him. there's a long pause before even natalie says anything, "david?"

"yeah?" he answers a bit too quickly and he knows it, but there was currently so many thoughts running through his mind that he didn't have the time to comprehend anything else.

natalie pauses before speaking again, "why don't you... put your laptop down for a bit and—"

"no. i have to finish editing this vlog." he said sternly.

"david-"

"—don't 'david' me. you aren't my mother." he snaps.

natalie takes in a breath, running a hand through her hair before exhaling, "okay, i didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice." quickly, she reaches over to shut david's laptop screen and snatched it from his lap.

"hey!" david swiftly sits up from his spot, attempting to grab his laptop back but natalie was quicker. she places his laptop down on her opposite where david couldn't reach it, blocking him off each time he attempted to get it, "natalie what the fuck!" he yelled.

"something happened between you and [name]... didn't it." her question comes off more as a statement, knowing that was right.

david freezes, not responding back to natalie. instead, he slowly recoils away from her, pulling his legs up to his chest to hug them, "no..." he mumbles quietly into his legs, not even sparing a glance over at natalie.

"okay... well, i'm not saying something bad happened... but something did happen between you two, right?"

david doesn't answer her right away once again, but he eventually nods his head slowly, "david, for the past four days... have you been suffering in silence this whole time?" when david doesn't respond at all, natalie lets out another sigh, "what have i told you about this? i want you to talk to me if something is stressing you out... or even if you're just upset about—"