thirty-eight

[name] watches the scurrying people from the plane window quickly heading onto their flights. it was pretty entertaining to see how frantic people get about things.

she sighs contently, leaning her head back up against her seat, shutting her eyes. her earbuds were plugged in her ears, blasting her favorite music.

this was it. she was finally going to fly out to la. to see liza. to meet the vlog squad.

to finally meet david.

it made her nervous, nonetheless. maybe a little bit more than when he had first called her. or when he first video chatted her. this was the real deal.

[name] felt her phone vibrate on her lap, bringing her back from her thoughts. she lifts up the device to see that she has a message from david on vent.

she thought it would be best if she stopped herself from texting him back for at least a day, since she almost accidentally spilled the secret the last time they texted.

so, putting her phone on silent and flipping it back over was right now the best thing to do.

she glances out of the plane window again, starting to hear the engines of the plane come to life along with the robotic voice through the speakers saying their flight was about to take off.

[name] feels someone tap her shoulder twice lightly. she quickly lifts her hand up to lower her music, snapping her gaze over to the culprit.

she right away meets layla's brown gaze. layla held a warm smile on her face, "you nervous?"

[name] nods her head, "definitely."

layla gives her a reassuring look, patting her shoulder gently, "come on, what for? i'm sure you've talked to david so many times by now. and like i said before, you're also basically best friends with the vlog squad."

"i wouldn't say that."

"well i would say that." layla replies, "what are you even nervous about?"

[name] pauses momentarily, "i don't know. i know i've already talked to him a million times now like you said, and we've called and video chatted one another a few times-"

"wait, you guys video chatted?!" layla asked.

"yeah, although the whole time he was just being so sweet to me to the point that it started to make me feel sick." [name] chuckled softly.

a spark goes off in layla's chocolate irises, a small gasp escaping passed her glossed lips, "my otp is breathing and thriving!" she squeals.

"shut up." [name] laughs, lightly smacking her best friends arm.

"when you guys get married, i call being your bridesmaid."

"whoever said we're getting married?"

"literally the whole entire internet wants you two together, [name]. i barely see any hate - thankfully or i'd beat their asses - about you two because everyone loves you guys so god damn much."

"i don't think so..."

"you're fucking oblivious if you think that shit."

[name] looks around the area her and layla were in, "stop cursing so loudly!" [name] whispered harshly, "there are children on this flight."

"you really think i give a flying fuck about that?"

the two share a quiet laugh with each other, trying to stifle their laughter with their hands. the plane soon began to take off after.

[name] increases the volume of her music again, leaning her head back against her seat while she watched the plane taking off, a smile forming on her face to the thought of finally seeing david in person.

next stop: la.

♡ ྀ࿐ ✧˖*°

a/n: sorry about the inconvenience last chapter was supposed be 37 not 38

lmao this must be why i'm failing math