eighty-six - in which david gets sick

"david, you need to stay in bed."

"but i have to film more for my vlog!" david spoke with a hoarse voice. he tries to stand up from the bed, only to be pushed back down by his girlfriend.

"well i'm not letting you." [name] said, "you're sick, and you need to rest. don't push yourself so hard. you're allowed to take a break."

"i don't want to take breaks though!" david tries to defend himself, "i can't stand not filming, because if i'm not i just feel so useless." he tries to stand up again, "i always get upset when i'm taking breaks and i always end up crying because of it since i feel like i could be doing more when i'm not."

"babe-"

"don't babe me." he said, "i'm fine. i can film, i swear." his cheeks were visibly flushed and his eyes were glossy from tearing up so much from his sickness. he looked nothing but fine.

[name] furrows her eyebrows, crossing her arms over her chest, "swear on deadass and i'll let you film."

david pauses, almost slightly taken aback to his girlfriend's words. not even a moment later he's getting back into bed, muttering quietly to himself in annoyance. [name] smiles in satisfaction to her victory. she knew that david always refused to lie on deadass. it was like his "swear to god" or "swear on your mother".

"good. you better actually stay in bed now." [name] said.

"if i start crying it's your fault. i hope you know that." david said, pulling the covers on his bed up to his chin, snuggling underneath them after.

"'cause you don't cry about everything already."

"i do not!"

"you cried about it being your tesla's first birthday last year."

david blinks for a moment, being lost in his thoughts for a brief second to remember the memory, "you weren't even around when that happened!" he protested.

"you posted a video of yourself crying about it. you didn't think i would eventually find it or have your fans send it to me?" [name] giggled.

"whatever." david mumbles, shifting in his bed to face away from [name].

[name] sighs, "listen, dave," she sits down on their bed beside david's lying figure. she lifts her hand up to rest it on david's head, softly tousling his mop of chocolate brown hair, "i know you're upset about not being able to film for your vlog, but i care about you and your health. i'm sure all of your fans do, too. so the more rest you get, the quicker you'll get over this stupid sickness that you got and film more footage for your vlogs." she tried to reassure, "if it makes you feel any better, you can edit prerecorded vlogs as much as you want?"

david doesn't reply at first, but he suddenly shifts back around to face his girlfriend. he leans more into her touch and shuts his eyes, letting out a deep sigh, "i just don't wanna let my fans down." he admits in a repining tone.

[name] continues to the thread her fingers through her boyfriend's hair, the two remaining in a silence for at least several seconds until an idea came to her, "why don't i film your vlog for this week for you?" [name] said, "it probably won't be as extravagant as you usually do your vlogs... but it could be a quick day in the life of being david's second assistant." [name] chuckles at her own joke.