forty-three

incoming call from: [name] ☕︎ !

call accepted

"[name]?"

"hi dave."

*sighs* "god, i'm so happy to hear your voice again. i missed you so much."

*chuckles* "i wasn't gone for that long. i'm sorry i couldn't get back to you."

"don't be sorry. being able to talk to you again makes up for everything."

*pause* "did you... really miss me that much?"

"yeah, i kinda did. i know that you have other clients and had your own life to live, and i totally respect that, but... i didn't think i would miss you as much as i did, really."

"...i'll try not to quote on quote ignore you again."

*chuckles* "no, it's fine. sometimes i just get a little too clingy with people that i'm close to."

"oh really?"

"yeah. that's why my fans think i'm gay."

"isn't that because you've kissed two guys before?"

"no!"

*laughs* "whatever you say."

*long pause* "hey, [name]? can i tell you something?"

"you just did."

*sighs* "can i tell you two more things?"

*laughs* "okay."

"i've been... feeling really depressed lately. it's not because of my vlogs or with any of my friends i just... nevermind."

"no, what it is it, dave? you can tell me."

"no i mean... *chuckles* i don't even know why myself. but..."

"but what?"

"i'm just coming to the realization now that i... i'm not depressed after talking to you."

"...okay?"

"okay, maybe you're not understanding what i'm saying- what i'm trying to say is that as soon as i started talking to you again the sadness i've been feeling lately just... went away."

"oh."

"yeah."

*long silence* "so... what does this mean?"

*pause* "i wanna see you — scratch that — i need to see you. like in real life."

*sighs* "dave-"

"-i know what you're going to say but i'm going to interrupt you before you do-! *pause* just... think about coming down to la eventually, okay? i need to know if you being here will make me less depressed."