forty-two

the ride back to liza's apartment was quiet, for [name] at least. layla was talking up a storm with liza from the backseat.

they'd either have a conversation about completely random things or whenever a certain song came on the radio they'd pause their conversation and sing along to it.

[name] was glad to see layla so happy. she knew her best friend had recently been drowning herself in work in order to have her own living.

there had been numerous calls during the depths of the night of layla needing to take a breather or being completely stressed out.

layla deserved this break from all of her hard work.

[name] was also just grateful that she was here to fill in the awkwardness between her and liza that they seemed to supposedly had.

upon arriving to liza's home, liza helped the two girls bring in their suitcases to the guest room she had told them that they could stay in.

"welcome to my humble abode." liza speaks in a silly tone when she leads both [name] and layla inside her house.

from what [name]'s seen from david's vlogs, liza's home looked exactly how it did in the videos — although that wasn't really all of a shocker, of course it did.

she's just trying to process the thought that she's staying at liza koshy's house.

"wow!" layla smiled, a spark of excitement flashing in her brown irises, "even your house is just as aesthetically pleasing as your instagram feed, liza."

liza chuckles softly, "it's kinda a mess right now since i had some of my friends over earlier. come, i'll show you two to the guest room." liza smiles, wheeling the two suitcases she had in each hand down a small, white hallway.

layla glances over at [name], a big smile forming on her face as she began rushing off after liza, wheeling her second suitcase with her as well.

[name] follows suit with her own second suitcase too. once reaching the guest room, the three rest the suitcases on the full sized bed.

most of the belongings [name] and layla brought was a bunch of clothing since they weren't sure how long they were going to be staying in la for, and other typical things a person would bring when traveling to a different state.

too tired to begin unpacking their clothes and items from their long trip, [name] and layla decide to unpack as soon as they wake up the next day.

the three of them were now lounging around in liza's living room, talking up a conversation while the tv played basically as background noise.

"okay, so about the surprise-" liza began, "-with what [name] mentioned in the group chat about surprising everyone individually before surprising david, who do you think we should surprise first?"

"oh, zane all the way." layla said, "he's a hardcore fan of [shipname] just like mwah." she motions to herself with her hand, a small smirk forming on her face.

"layla!" [name] turns to layla and smacks her arm lightly, a light pink tint forming on her cheeks. they were literally sitting next to david's ex girlfriend.