fifty-seven

[name] approaches the door to liza's guest room. her hand forms into a fist as reaches out towards the wooden surface, knocking on it lightly, "layla?" she asked.

"you don't need to knock. this is your room too."

[name] rolls her eyes playfully to her best friend's words before her hand shifts over to the doorknob, grasping and turning it.

she gently pushes the door open, "well you could have been getting dressed or something. i didn't want to barge in on you." [name] says as she enters the room.

layla had her suitcase situated on the guest bed, the top half of it zipped all the way open. a pile of her clothes were folded neatly either beside the suitcase on their bed or inside of it, "i wouldn't have cared if you did." layla admitted.

"well i do. i'm still traumatized from the last time you barged in on me."

"and? your birthday suit is beautiful and you should embrace it." layla smiled playfully.

[name]'s cheeks flush in embarrassment, "anyways..." she started, running a hand through her hair, "i wanted to ask you something."

"shoot."

[name] pauses, "i was wondering... would you be okay with going back home by yourself?" [name] asked.

layla freezes in place, her actions coming to an abrupt stop as she finally glances up at [name], "why..?"

[name] lightly bites her bottom lip, "well... david asked me personally if i could stay in la for a little longer."

layla stares at [name] in silence for a long minute. there seemed to be some emotion flashing in her dark brown irises, but [name] couldn't decipher it, "i mean... yeah. sure. i'm not your mom. i can't tell you what you can and can't do. you're 22."

"i asked cause i wasn't sure if you wanted be alone on the flight back. i know how you get when you're alone sometimes..."

layla sends [name] a weary smile, knowing exactly what she was implying. layla sometimes ended up drowning herself in her not-so-happy thoughts once in awhile. [name] was usually the one that was able to pull her back to reality, "don't worry about me. that hasn't happened to me in months. i'll be fine."

"are you sure?"

layla makes a "pft" noise with her glossed lips, raising one of her hands to wave it dismissively at the [hair color] haired girl, "yeah, totally!" layla said, "are you still gonna crash at liza's house while you stay here longer?"

"about that," [name] started, "i feel like liza's been growing more distant with me... and she's acted a lot quieter around me since i've been here." she admitted, "that being said, i'm— uh... going to stay at david's?" her response sounded more of a question than an answer.

layla's brows rose, a smirk forming on her face, "ohoho~ you're gonna be sleeping in your boyfriend's house?" layla taunts.

"shut the fuck up he isn't my boyfriend." [name] suddenly snapped, "he only offered since i didn't feel comfortable staying at liza's place that much longer and her house was basically one of the only places that i was able stay at."

"mhmm~" layla hummed, a smug look still plastered on her face, "if david really wants you to stay in la longer, i'm not gonna stop you." layla raises her hands up in defense.

[name] sends a small smile towards  layla, "good. i was more worried that you would've been mad at me about making you go back home by yourself than anything else."

"seriously. it's fine. you enjoy yourself here with your mans." [name] narrows her eyes at layla slightly, while the said person kept the smug look on her face.

"i'm gonna go talk to liza about. i'll see you later, layla." [name] begins to leave their shared room.

layla watches from the opposite of the bed as her best friend began to leave the room. she slightly nervous look slowly seeps onto her face as she bit her lip.

she seemed to be debating with herself with something, and right before [name] completely disappeared from her sight, layla caught herself  calling out to her, "wait, [name]!"

[name] leans back to peer back into their shared room, "yeah?"

layla hesitates again, "um—" she runs hand through her dirty blonde hair and averts her gaze from [name]. she takes a long pause of silence before looking back up at [name], who now held a concerned look across her face.

"there's... actually something i need to tell you."

♡ ྀ࿐ ✧˖*°

a/n: i um ... may or may not have thinking about writing an original soulmate au that'll be a d.d book ... i just don't know whether or not if i should actually start writing it or not tho :'))