fifty-three

[name] stared down at the bright screen in front of her, her phone being the only source of light while in the suffocatingly dark room.

every once in awhile she'd hear layla's soft breathing from beside her. the two both planned on staying up late that night together, but the girl beside [name] had been asleep for the past hour now.

[name] was tired, but she wasn't at the same time. she usually had nights like this, staying up into 3 or 4am scrolling endlessly through social media timelines. she's learned to accept that this was her forever routine at nights.

[name] opens up instagram, beginning to scroll through her feed. recently she had discovered how much david's stan accounts talked about her, even noticing the amounts of video edits being created for either her and david or just herself.

she's followed quite a few of the video editing and daily update accounts, so most of her feed was stuff about the vlog squad.

[name] really did enjoy watching the video edits people created with her in it. it must take a lot of time and effort out of their days to do this.

she's witnessed david already editing one of his videos for hours straight, so she could only imagine how much time goes by for these editors.

while liking some of the videos and posts on her feed, a loud chime erupted from [name]'s phone, making her jump slightly.

a notification pops up on the top of her screen, david's name engraved in it.

a small smile tugs on [name]'s face as she presses the text notification. her screen shifts over to the vent application.

david 📹:
you awake?

[name] 🥀 is typing ...

[name] 🥀:
no i'm sleeping

david 📹:
good you are awake

[name] 🥀:
sigh
what's up?
need to rant about something?

david 📹 is typing ...

david 📹:
actually
no
not this time anyways
something better though

david 📹 is typing ...

david 📹:
throw on some shoes

[name] 🥀 is typing ...

[name] 🥀:
?

in a matter of seconds, a call flashes onto [name]'s screen. [name] kicks the sheets off of her on her side of the bed, beginning to get out of the spare bed and accepting the call, "what are you planning, david." her question sounded more of a statement.

[name] hears the soft, tired laughter from david on the other line, making her smile widen more, "i swear it's nothing bad." he said.

"so why am i putting shoes on?" she speaks in a hushed tone in order to not wake up layla.

"you'll see. once you get them on go to the front door."