twenty-seven

"i've got that glitter on my eyes, stocking ripped all up the side, looking sick and sexified, so let's go-o-o, let's go~!" layla sang loudly in the car beside [name], who was only slightly nodding along and tapping her fingers against her thigh to the beat.

layla seemed to stop her singing abruptly, her hand reaching out to lower the stereo in the car.

she turns her gaze over to [name], a goofy smile on her face, "...what?" [name] questioned.

"so we aren't going to mention how you've basically become best friends with the vlog squad?" she questioned, before placing a hand over her heart with a playful pout, "have you already replaced me that quickly?"

"please. i'm not their best friends, okay?" [name] said, "plus it's only david that i know the most."

"you guys should date."

[name]'s face blushes a dark crimson as her head snaps over to her best friend, "layla!"

"what? i'm serious!" she exclaimed, "you and david would be so cute together!"

[name] looks back out he window of the passenger seat, her elbow placed on the door to rest her head in the palm of her hand "no. we're just friends."

her hand slides upwards to cover her mouth, "that's all we'll ever be..." [name] mumbles the last part into her palm.

"girl, don't fucking lie to yourself like that." layla said, "you two obviously both have chemistry with each other. literally everybody can see it since they did create a ship between you too."

"people in fandoms and whatnot always do that." [name] said, "they'd ship anyone with david."

"even david's friends — the vlog squad — want you two to get together." layla said, sparing a quick glance at [name] before looking back onto the road, "if i were you i would flown down to la already and claim my man before somebody else does. or before liza does again..." she says the last part lowly.

"liza isn't bad, layla." [name] defended, soon beginning to talk nonchalant after, "i was dming her a couple of weeks ago on instagram and she was really sweet and adorable and even offered to fly me down to la—"

layla suddenly hits the brakes on her car, causing the two of them to jerk forward, the car abruptly stopping in the middle of the busy road.

[name]'s eyes had widened and she was breathing heavily when she faced her best friend, "what the fuck, layla?!"

layla turns her whole body to face [name], "liza koshy dmed you?!" she ignores the loud honking from the cars and yelling behind her, "and offered to fly you to la?!"

"layla, you're holding up the cars behind us—!"

"are you fucking dumb?!"

[name] blinks for a moment, staring with bewilderment at her best friend, "what? i'm clearly not the one that's fucking dumb right now!" [name] motions to the cars behind layla's, who were profusely honking their horns at them.

"you accepted her offer to her flying you out to la right? please tell me you did?!"

"n-no! i didn't!"