ONE

-----------

-----------

"SOOKIE!" almost everyone in the Merlotte's bar and grill heard Amy squeal as she finally entered her workplace. Her eyes scanned for her blonde best friend and then she spotted Sookie talking on the phone.

Sam noticed Amy as he stood behind the bar with a curious look. "You're late, young lady," he greeted in his own friendly way as Amy gave him an apologetic smile and dashed off to Sookie.

Amy grabbed Sookie's arm roughly causing Sookie to yelp in pain and face her intruder. "Ouch, Amy! That really hurt!" Sookie complained angrily so Amy rolled her eyes.

"Who are you talking to?" Amy questioned but before Sookie could answer the excited girl grabbed the phone into her own hands. "Sorry, Sook has to go."

Amy then handed the phone back to Sam as Sookie groaned. "That was Tara you just hang up on," Sookie reminded so Amy shrugged and grabbed Sookie's arm again.

The Brennan turned at her lovely boss she loved dearly and smiled at him. "I promise I'll go to work, Sam Merlotte, but first I need to steal my best friend," she then yanked Sookie to follow her as the two girls entered an empty hallway.

Sookie then laughed at Amy. "Heaven's sake, Amy, what is so important?" she questioned curiously because Amy's eyes were sparkling with joy.

"Sook, you won't believe in me, but I gave a lift to a vampire!" Amy yelled silently causing Sookie to dig her nails into Amy's arm. The two girls squealed in excitement as Amy shushed an overly dramatic Sookie. "I know, right? He was mysterious and goth lookin' and then he tried to bite me but I took care of it."

Before Sookie could say anything further another voice rang out. A worried voice. "Jesus, Amy? Are you okay?" Sam asked causing her to roll her brown eyes and turn to face her boss.

Sam was a very good man. Amy would want a husband like him if he wasn't so into Sookie Stackhouse. "I'm alright, Sam, no need to father me," Amy mused as Sam stood extremely next to Sookie as he watched Amy over in concern. "I know how to deal with vampires, boss."

"Well, first of all, you don't give a lift to one," Sam lectured her. Sure, he was all about giving the same rights to vampires as humans but he knew how obsessed Amy and Sookie were over that species. Even if vampires had synthetic blood now some still preferred to attack and drink from the veins. Some even killed. "You two should be careful."

Amy rolled her eyes as she and Sookie stared at each other. "We'll talk later, girl. I have work to start," Amy mused and winked at her telepathic friend before going to change.

Sam shook his head at Sookie. "She'll get in some serious trouble one day..."

Sookie smiled charmingly. "And we both will be there to get her out."