SIX

-----------

-----------

AMY WORKED BY THE BAR THAT NIGHT AT MERLOTTE'S. She felt way safer with people than alone as her one day research might have led her to believe the two murdered women had something in common. And all she had in mind was Jason being that common thing.

And everyone knew how Jason felt about Amy. She didn't want to believe he was a killer but she also didn't trust him fully. Especially after Sookie read his thoughts.

Amy cleaned glasses as Hoyt Fortenberry approached the bar with a shy smile. "Hi, Amy," he mustered, gathering all of his courage. Amy smiled at the guy she always found cute and gentleman like but he was too shy. Amy liked an outgoing personality more. "May I have one beer."

"Where's ya' mamma?" Amy teased as she poured him a glass of beer as Hoyt sighed to himself and pointed to the back to see his mother Maxine waiting with a scowl as she glared their way.

Amy hissed playfully and gave Hoyt a smirk. "You sure she'll allow one beer? She looks pissed," she commented as Sookie approached Amy in urgency.

"I'll move out someday. I promise," Hoyt took his drink and smiled at her. "You look-you l-"

"Amy!" Sookie interrupted so Hoyt slowly walked away, cursing that he got too tongue tied.

Amy chuckled as she turned to her best friend. "I was about to get a compliment," she used a fake annoyed voice as Sookie ignored that and leaned over the bar to talk to her.

"Jason says it wasn't him," she whispered as Amy lost her smile to focus on what more Sookie had to say. "Gran talked to me and told me to clear his name. I need your help on this."

Amy paused for a second before crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, do you believe in him? Can't you like-," Amy then pointed to her head as Sookie sighed. "See images."

"No," Sookie exclaimed before calming down. "We have to clear his name. Whoever did this... They're putting the blame on Jason. Will you help me?"

Amy sighed before nodding so Sookie smiled. "I love you," she exclaimed and went to take orders from tables.

Amy continued to clean up until she saw Bill enter the bar. She raised her hand to wave but he beat her to it as he smiled slightly and went to sit at a booth.

Arlene then rushed over to Amy. "Take his order," she mumbled inaudibly causing Amy to raise her eyebrows in confusion and lean forward to listen again. "Amy!"

Arlene pushed the notepad into Amy's hands and pointed at Bill. "Really?" Amy mused before taking Bill's table as she approached the vampire with a welcoming smile.

Bill looked away from Sookie who was busy with orders and to Amy who got ready to write his order. "What would you like?" Amy asked curiously so he smiled.