TWENTY-FOUR

-----------

-----------

AMY SLEPT ON ANOTHER COUCH IN FANGTASIA AS SHE PROMISED SOOKIE TO STAY BY HER SIDE. The Brennan girl had her mouth open as she dreamed of nice dreams until Sookie woke her up. "I'm up, I'm up," Amy sat up quickly, her neck sore from the uncomfortable sleeping position as she grabbed onto her rib.

"No scars," Sookie smiled and only then Amy remembered that her best friend had almost died. Amy let out a deep sigh and wrapped her arms around Sookie's neck before hugging her.

Sookie closed her eyes as Amy saw Ginger smile at them in her own glamoured way as the blonde walked around the bar. "You two are finally awake," the woman exclaimed as she motioned for them to join her. "I made you sandwiches. Peanut butter and chocolate syrup."

"Mm, yummy," Amy stood up and walked over to a grinning Ginger before taking the sandwich.

Sookie joined her friend as Amy noticed a shirt she was wearing. It was a Fangtasia themed shirt and it made Amy chuckle how Eric sold designed t-shirts. "That's very... thoughtful, Ginger," Sookie mused slowly as she watched Amy bite into it. Sookie wasn't quick to follow.

"That's the thing about being with vamps, ain't it?" she asked as she leaned against the bar as if they had been friends for ages. Amy felt sorry for Ginger. "You always forget to eat. I've lost 37 pounds since I got this job. Way better than a fat farm."

"I suppose," Amy agreed as she continued to eat the delicious meal Ginger had prepared.

Sookie then pursed her lips as she thought of someone. "Did Bill leave?"

Amy remembered that Sookie drifted off to sleep the previous night and shook her head. "He's... how do they say it?" she asked as Ginger laughed gleefully and almost maniacally.

"Resting in the back."

Amy nodded with a moan as Sookie looked confused by their weird understanding of each other. "Do they make you stay here every day?" Sookie questioned Eric and Pam's human toy.

The woman shook her head as her smile remained big and almost put on. The two best friends glanced at each other. "Well, sometimes I just come in for deliveries, but these days I've been coming in for... Never mind all that. You just finish up your sandwich and go back to sleep."

Sookie suddenly widened her eyes as Ginger became all nervous. "Lafayette? Why would Eric have Lafayette in the basement?" she asked demandingly as Amy almost chocked on her sandwich before staring at Sookie.