EIGHT

-----------

-----------

AMY REALLY DID FEEL SORRY FOR SOOKIE. After Bill dropped her home, the two had a fight or whatever resulting in Sookie telling him that she doesn't want to see him ever.

That could have opened a new door for a curious girl like Amy but interviewing Bill would break their friend codex. Also, she couldn't seem to get Eric out of her head as she wrote on her computer for the rest of the night. Trying to remember everything she knew about the old vampire.

Amy went to work tired the next day as she, Sookie and Arlene tended to their end-of-shift duties. Only four people were left eating lunch, one of them being Andy or Detective Andy as he wished to be called.

Sookie spilled some ketchup on her left hand and grabbed a towel to wipe it off. Amy walked over to her as Sam and Arlene stood behind the bar, watching Sookie clean herself with a sad face. "That vampire Bill would get a rise out of that," Arlene pointed out causing Sookie to sigh.

"You'll have to ask him yourself."

Amy yawned as Arlene raised her eyebrows up. "Vamp club not all it was made out to be, huh?" she asked curiously as Amy glared at her to stop. "A lot of freaks, I hear. And people from Arkansas."

"What's wrong with people from Arkansas?" Amy questioned in annoyance. Arlene often got on her nerves but she was her coworker and friend so Amy had to be nice. "It was fine."

Sookie remained silent as she continued to pour the remainder of one bottle of ketchup into another. "So what, then? Did that vampire get all handsy with you?" Arlene asked Sookie who only shrugged.

"I can take care of myself. And no, I won't be goin' out with him again."

Amy and Sam exchanged a look so Sam cracked a small smile. Sookie stopped pouring ketchup. "Okay, that place was kinda freaky, but how are you ever gonna know until you go see for yourself."

Sam tilted his head as if stretching his neck. "I said my piece yesterday."

Sookie paused before continuing on with her job. "I'm sorry it didn't turn out like you had hoped, but better it happens now than before you end up hurt, or dead."

Sookie stared at Arlene quietly so the redhead waitress walked away causing Sam to approach Sookie. Amy knew it was her time to leave them alone.

Amy went to tend to the dishes when Arlene approached her with a smirk. "What?" Amy asked in confusion.

"Sam's asking Sookie out!" she exclaimed quietly as the two women then turned their heads towards Sam and Sookie who were standing close to each other.