THREE

-----------

-----------

SOOKIE CAUSED A REAL UPROAR WHEN SHERIFF BUD DEARBONE AND ANDY BELLEFLEUR ARRESTED JASON. Amy couldn't believe Jason was being framed for Maudette's murder.

Sookie was right. Jason was egoistical and selfish but he was not a killer. That worried Amy.

Another cause of her concern as well was Bill Compton coming to Merlotte's bar once again and talking with Sookie. The girl seemed into Bill causing everyone to protest except Amy herself. She just wished Bill paid a little attention to her too.

The last time Amy saw Sookie was with Bill and she never once picked up her phone so the next morning Amy took her Impala and drove straight to her house.

The hot Louisiana sun made Amy's skin feel warm and she breathed in the fresh woods scent before walking inside without a knock. She was always welcome in Sookie's gran's house.

Sookie, Gran and Tara were all sitting in the bright kitchen that Amy always liked despite its old demeanor. "Amy, my lovely!" Adele greeted with that kind smile of hers as Amy kissed the woman's cheek before looking at her best friends.

"Glad to see you're alive," she pointed out dully as Adele furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Sookie cleared her throat as Amy caught on pretty quickly. She smiled nervously. "Hm. A joke. A mere joke."

Amy found the remaining empty chair before sitting down. "You look tired, honey," Adele grabbed Tara's hand who only sighed deeply and smiled. "I'll make you all a cup of coffee. Just sit down."

"All right," Amy smiled so Adele stood up and left as Amy immediately looked at Sookie with an annoyed look. "Did you hook up with vampire Bill last night?"

Sookie didn't answer as she looked downward. Tara sighed in exasperation as she and Amy looked at each other. "Sookie, sometimes you are just plain dumb," Tara snapped at her causing Sookie to glare at her angrily.

"Shut up!" she exclaimed but then lowered her voice so that her Gran wouldn't hear. "Lucky Gran was already in bed when I got in last night. And you try to spill all the beans, Amy..."

"Did he bite you?" Amy then asked, her worry changing into curiosity as Tara noticed the impatient eyes of the Brennan girl.

"No!"

"You sure? I've read that they can hypnotize you," Amy commented with a small smirk causing Tara to lean back in her chair and sigh.