SIXTEEN

-----------

-----------

AMY WORKED THE REST OF HER SHIFT UNTIL THE NIGHT SET IN. She parked her sweetheart into her driveway before getting out with a few bags of food she bought in the store. Amy locked her car before maintaining her heavy items up to the front porch.

Amy put the bags down between her legs as she turned her bag towards herself and began to search for her keys when she noticed that the door wasn't closed. "What in the..." Amy trailed off already getting alarmed because she wasn't a woman to forget daily things.

Amy knew she definitely closed the door and she knew someone had come in without her consent. "Help me, dear Mary," Amy then took out a small pocket knife she always carried in her purse and slowly entered her home leaving her shoppings by the doorway.

It was dark inside as Amy slowly removed her shoes and looked around before turning the lights on. Her mouth hung agape when she saw her whole living room messed up. Things were on the ground and everywhere else.

The drawers were open and emptied out as Amy clenched the knife in her hand and decided to go upstairs despite having seen hundreds of slasher films. Amy felt brave and mad someone dared to mess up her lovely home.

She entered her bedroom to see that it was untouched and sighed in relief because that's where her most prized possessions were. Amy then left her bedroom and went back downstairs. Amy debated whether she should have called the Sheriff or maybe Sam because technically he sold her this house but instead Amy just went to sit down on her couch before noticing a note left on her table.

She grabbed it into her hands with an uneasy facial expression before reading it and gasping in shock. You and Sookie are next, fang banger.

What felt worse was Sookie's name written on it so Amy immediately called her friend she was supposed to be mad at. "Amy, I didn't expect you to call-"

"Sookie, someone broke into my house, completely trashed it and left a threatening note!" Amy exclaimed as she decided not to clean her living room. She rushed into the kitchen, turned the light on and saw that the kitchen was also dirtied by some culprit. "Sookie, I need-"

"Bill and I are coming. Hang on," Sookie said in worry so Amy sighed and placed her hand on her head. She rubbed her hair in overwhelm. "Is he gone now? Are you alone and safe?"

"I think so, I mean, I don't know-"

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door loudly causing Amy to yelp but Sookie then spoke into the phone. "It's us. Let us in," Sookie said and then hung up as Amy rushed towards her entrance and opened the door.