THIRTY-FIVE

-----------

-----------

AMY KNEW SHE SHOULD HAVE LEFT ERIC THAT MORNING ALONE. She didn't even know what he was doing at that point and she shouldn't have cared. She was supposed to be mad at the man, but with the consequences like Godric's death, Amy didn't want to leave Eric alone.

The Brennan girl knew what it meant to loose people. She had lost her mother when she was very young, but what hurt more was losing her father after he kicked her out. Amy lived with Sookie after that and she had a trauma to overcome because her father had left a big one.

Since the time he had kicked her out, which was about 7 years prior to the happening events, Amy hadn't seen her dad. And she didn't want to.

Godric was a father to Eric in a way too - a more loving one. Amy knew it was different from her case but maybe not so much after all.

To leave the roof was hard but she managed, the clear image of Godric's death still in her eyes even when she entered Eric's room without any knock. He was sitting on the side of his bed, his shirt off as Amy saw only his back.

From his quietness, Amy could understand that he was grieving so much and then Amy walked to stand in front of him. His eyes, cheeks and even chest were covered in blood, which were his tears. Amy had never seen Eric so broken and she felt sad. Mad and yet sad.

Instead of saying anything, Amy wiped her own dried tears, knowing that one of them had to be stronger and she didn't want to take away Eric's grieving. He knew Godric way more, after all.

The girl then sat down on the other side of the bed and looked down, both of them staying quiet as Amy thought of ways how to help him. How to help him overcome something so humane and upsetting. "I-" she began but he only stared at the ground in anger and pain.

"Leave," he mused without any hint of anger, rather a pleading that Amy wasn't going to follow. "I want to be alone."

Amy then shook her head at him with a small sneer. "I should be incredibly mad at you right now for how you treat me and yet I'm here... So just shut up and let me stay," she commented with a voice tone that showed her superiority to him. "Besides, you don't want to be alone... Nobody does. So, stop lying."

Eric then glanced up at her with clear agony in his blue eyes. "He's gone," he mused with a broken tone so Amy frowned slightly, though she loathed showing him that she wanted to be there for him. "And you barely knew him. You don't have to do anything for me. I will deal on my own."

Amy pursed her lips and stood up. Eric thought she would leave the room but instead she extended her hand for him to take. He raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner as Amy groaned and grabbed onto his hand before making him stand up.