FOURTEEN

-----------

-----------

SOOKIE TOLD AMY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED AFTER AMY WENT TO MEET ERIC. "I am sure Bill was just trying to protect your special..." Amy paused as she and Sookie entered the blonde's house from the back door. "Whatever special you have."

The Stackhouse female only glared at Amy who smiled and sat Sookie down in the kitchen. "Do not worry, Sook. Whoever was in the fourth coffin cannot be Bill."

"But what if it is him?" she snapped, for some reason angry at Amy who was just trying to comfort her.

Amy paused for a second before smiling widely. "It wasn't."

Sookie stared at Amy with a doubtful look before she took her cellphone and dialed a number. She put it to her ear as Amy went to make them both tea. Amy often thought how Sookie saw bad in everything and it was starting to get annoying.

Sookie, on the other hand, thought that Amy lived in a world with pink glasses, thinking everything should be fine.

When Bill didn't answer the phone, Sookie hung up and looked at Amy to see that her shoes had been covered in dirt and that she was leaving muddy footprints on the kitchen floor. "Amy!" Sookie exclaimed and stood up, only to see that she was too leaving muddy prints so Amy looked down with a laugh. "I have to clean this up. Remove your shoes!"

Sookie took her shoes and left the kitchen as Amy frowned slightly before doing so too.

"Sook, I made some tea," Amy said gently as she watched Sookie walk back into the room with a bucket of water and a rag in hand. "Oh."

"I don't want tea," Sookie mused in annoyance as she started to clean the floor. Amy sat down by the table with a dull facial expression. "As you can tell, it's freakin' hot outside and I'm a little lightheaded. So, you can drink this tea and go home."

Amy raised both of her eyebrows up. She could see Sookie's pained expression as she tried to get rid of the dirt on the floor. "Sookie... I know you're hurt, but lashing out on me won't help."

Sookie ignored her as Amy continued on. "You lost people, we all did. But I am sure Bill's ali-"

"Fuck!" Sookie suddenly threw the rag across the room causing Amy to widen her eyes in shock as Sookie looked at Amy pleadingly. "Can you stop talking about Bill?! I'm cleaning to keep my mind off of things so you putting him back in my mind won't help!"

"Jesus, Sookie! Take a chill pill!" Amy exclaimed before standing up, her sneakers in her hands. "You're not the only one hurting! What a victim! Oh, I'm Sookie, I don't know if my boyfriend's alive even though he's dead! Stop comforting me!"