TWENTY-ONE

-----------

-----------

TWO WEEKS PASSED. Amy was finally out of the hospital but since her hand was still in a cast she couldn't work. Amy felt a little suffocated by Sookie, Tara, Sam and Arlene taking care of her every two seconds so after two days of just drinking in Merlotte's Amy decided to finally go to Fangtasia.

She had a lot on her mind like Lafayette going missing, Jason getting into some camp or cult, she wasn't really sure, and Tara who was now living with a woman named Maryann and a guy whose name was Eggs. Amy had no idea who those people were but Tara seemed better than never.

Amy was in Fangtasia that hot and humid night as she fanned herself. Eric was sitting on his throne watching people as she glanced back from him and back at a new bartender they hired since Longshadow was dead. "It's so hot," she complained as the bartender offered her a smile and continued to clean the glass. "You should be lucky. You, vampires, don't feel the hotness."

"If you keep fanning yourself, your fingers will fall off and we don't want that, now, do we?" Pam suddenly whispered into Amy's ear from behind so Amy stared at the smirking bartender with a dull facial expression. "It's been a while."

"It really has," Amy mused as Pam moved to stand on Amy's left as she leaned against the bar with a small smirk. Amy felt a little creeped out by Pam's stare but continued to sip on her martini as her laptop was placed on the bar. "Hmm, still on chapter zero, I see. You do realize that by sitting here you won't make a good story out of my maker. Am I in that book?"

Amy smiled charmingly as Pam licked her red lips. "You can be if you want. You're part of his life," she commented so Pam mused before glancing back to see Eric glaring at them. "And to answer your question... He seems to be in a bad mood."

Pam shrugged, not really caring as she placed her long hand on Amy's casted one. "Go home. You're taking half off the bar with your technology."

"Pam, this is called a laptop," Amy chuckled as she slurped her martini.

Pamela seemed to look sarcastically happy. "Yay, I'm so informed now," she then chuckled mockingly and walked away, her heel sound stuck in the back of Amy's head.

"I don't get her," Amy whispered to the bartender and decided to finally approach Eric. She tried to grab her laptop but it was quite hard with one hand so she groaned. Amy was being used to everyone making things for her easier but now she had to do things for herself. "I got this."

Eric watched Amy approach him as he sat straighter in his throne. The last time he saw her was in the hospital but she seemed to do better though she still had a cast and a few bruises. "Hi," Amy smiled with a friendly look so he just nodded and watched her sit down on a chair next to him. "Busy night, huh?"