THIRTY-NINE

-----------

-----------

ERIC IMAGINED HER HOME TO BE SMALLER BY THE MEMORY OF WHAT SHE WORKED AS. But it was bigger than what he expected.

Amy was more focused on the mess around the street as she watched cars parked in the middle of the yards, windows broken in many houses. She turned back to her house and rushed to the entrance.

Eric followed her dully as Amy turned to face him. "If they entered my house and even scratched a bit of my painted walls... I will..." she sneered before unlocking the door and entering quickly to see her home untouched.

Amy sighed in relief and paused before turning to see Eric stand by the entrance, his shoulder leant against the doorframe as he watched in amusement. "Thank you for taking me home," she then mused as she stood inside her house.

"Of course. The town itself seems calmer," he mused with a small smile as she approached the doorstep and nodded her head seriously. "I felt Sookie's fear for like 5 minutes when we were flying but it's calm now. I think you can try calling her."

Amy rolled her eyes expressively as he gazed at her. "Aren't you the hero?" she asked curiously. "We met the queen and all is well now."

Eric then continued to look at her with a knowing smirk so she furrowed her eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Let me in," he said confidently as Amy's eyes went wider and then she chuckled.

"Why?"

"Why not?"

Amy knew that if she let Eric inside her home, he'd do something unexpected and after the night's events she didn't want anything more to happen. "I would, but..." she trailed off so Eric mused curiously. "Is there a way for you not to do this to yourself? You once kidnapped Lafayette for the same crimes you're committing now."

Eric lost his smile and glanced away slightly. "I can't, Amy, do you think I want that?" he then asked quietly, his voice laced with annoyance. Amy backed away slightly and frowned. "When a queen orders you something, you have to do it. Even if I could, you know... It's better for you to not get involved as she said."

"Oh no," Amy then backed away even further as he stared at her with a deep sigh. "Don't you dare to glamour me!"

"I won't," he said honestly so Amy paused and smiled. "But you need to keep your mouth shut. Let me deal with this."

"If someone finds out, you'll be in trouble, Eric," she scolded like a mother so Eric chuckled with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll manage," he mused so Amy let out a breath and then grabbed onto her door. "You promised me you'd stay until your phone comes. You left all of your things in Fangtasia too."